What's new

Can I trust a forex indicator 100%?

alphamaphie

The whole point of using any indicator is based on the belief that history tends to repeat itself. It is true for technical analysis in general.

So, whatever an indicator indicates is based on what happened in the past. The predictions that you come up with based on the past cannot be 100% accurate.

When using technical analysis you have to keep this in mind. What happens in the future can always go against your predictions and what all these indicators show. They are certainly useful but no indicator can be 100% accurate in predicting wast is going to happen in future.

The four indicators which every trader should master are:

1. Moving averages
  2. RSI
  3. Stochastic
  4. MACD
If you master these four indicators very well, that should be quite sufficient.

You don’t have to over complicate things by learning about every indicator.

Do you have some setup to share using those indicators. How about to use them in a swing strategy? Do I need to calibre them to each instrument I trade with?

Well aside from news, which I'd say is the only thing that can truly dictate direction, markets will go. There isn't anything you can 100% rely on. Indicators show you what happened not what is about to, therefore depending on what you're trusting them for id say have a bit more than just indicators to help you make trading decisions.

Of cause this opinion is based upon my own research so is not necessarily gospel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.