What's new

Discretionary vs automated trading

DANZY

Until some months ago I was completely against what is called "automated trading", trading robots, EA's or whatever.
But things changes, fortunately, and I changed my mind so I decided to try to develop my "robot" to have more free time instead of being glued to a computer screen for several hours a day.
And... bang!
What a great decision it was!
I discovered the real strengths of my strategy and , guess what, some of them were not strengths at all but weaknesses.
Changing a bit here and there in the strategy profits have increased considerably with my initial astonishment.
Not to mention about following numerous financial instruments at the same time, easy for a robot but almost impossible for a human being.
Furthermore, a robot allows you to add numerous variants that a "human" would struggle to manage simultaneously.
Despite the robot functions and the results are already in "green" territory almost every day I perfecting it with new ideas and controls.
Because it's really true, you never end up learning and discovering something new, something that makes you think, daily, how "ignorant" you are but, at the same time, how lucky you are to be able to measure you in a competitive field like Trading.

So, to be brief, if you are in doubt about trading robots, don't!

Edit: I'm not here to sell anything. Just to be clear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.