What's new

Do you believe in Fibonacci levels?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

isfurlan

I'm trying to incorporate Fibonacci levels to my trading system. However I don't know whether retracements or extensions are more suitable for a trend following strategy.

Friends, you probably heard about the waves of Elliot and VSA (volume analysis) and heard about their strength. Undoubtedly, these are complex systems, but they not only provide understanding, but also help to build a system without which existence in financial markets is simply impossible.

I'm trying to incorporate Fibonacci levels to my trading system. However I don't know whether retracements or extensions are more suitable for a trend following strategy.
A beginner will face lots of difficulties when he starts his Forex business. But if you really wanted to be successful in this market you have to keep patience which is one of the biggest weapons of a good Forex trader. At ForexOne trading Company I get free educational course where they help me learn how to control on my emotions and keep patience so that I can always take my own trading decision.

Fib extensions are to figure out your price targets for exiting a trade while retracements are your support targets for entering on a reversal.

Fibonacci is extremely powerful, and well worth learning. There are lots of free videos out there. Curtis Kobane is a master of fibonacci.

Fibo levels work but you need to know exactly when - you should mostly try 50 and 61.8 and 20 and 30 only with additional support or resistance level in my opinion

Backtest with other indicator. Fibonaci retracement is great for swing trading . For scalping- (Minimum risk) or day trading(high risk & high volatility)

There are different ways one can draw fibs, with that said, you could populate your entire chart with fibs until it's black. Personally I don't think they work. There is an article on the net, (dont have bookmark handy) that does pretty good analysis on fibs and trendlines.

Yes but you need to know how to use it. Lot of poeple ignore how to use it properly. I see it everyday on Youtube

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.