What's new

do you record your trades ?

ccjin

Great for you to start recording your trades! Kudos. I record mine too on my journal booklet,
prefer old style of writing down instead of keying in in excel. Helped me focused on my
trading equity's level of performance, and keeps a nice record of your past week mistakes

Great for you to start recording your trades! Kudos. I record mine too on my journal booklet,
prefer old style of writing down instead of keying in in excel. Helped me focused on my
trading equity's level of performance, and keeps a nice record of your past week mistakes
no i dont record my trades. Whats the point of that if the terminal you are using on either mt4/mt5 keeps your records :X3:

I understand the benefit of a trading journal. Because you can look e.g. in a month in it and review all your trades. What did go wrong or right an why. So you can learn more and see a pattern. Also in your thoughts and feelings if you written them also down. I did it for 3 months during the learning phase later. It really helped and was necessary at the time. But since then, nop :) The effort would be way too big for me compared to the benefit.

I always look at my graph. Tells me exactly what I need to know with one look.:)

Yep I take a screenshot before entering and after it hits my TP or SL, then mark down why I entered the trade and possible common reasons as to why the trade went that way or not.

If you are newbie in this business you should do that. By doing so, you can measure your mistakes and correct those. It’s a shame that when I started trading I didn’t have such advice from other traders as there are very few. But when you have such advanced MT5 trading platform of Eurotrader you really don’t need to record your trades. They do all those on behalf of you.

I always believe one thing that is “Past is the Best Teacher”. I never forgot to look back on my past trading history. But I don't need to keep those histories by myself. My boker, FreshForex, automatically keeps all of my trading history. As well as it gives my trading signals based on my preferences, trading skill and market trends.

I understand the benefit of a trading journal. Because you can look e.g. in a month in it and review all your trades. What did go wrong or right an why. So you can learn more and see a pattern. Also in your thoughts and feelings if you written them also down. I did it for 3 months during the learning phase later. It really helped and was necessary at the time. But since then, nop :) The effort would be way too big for me compared to the benefit.
I use myfxbook to analyze my trades, and it doesn't involve any effort

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.