What's new

Fear or greed- which is harmful

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Edward Peterson

Both fear and greed are equally harmful for trading. There is no place for greed and fear in like way in trading. In any case, this trading regimen is not for the unassuming or leave heart. Lift rushed examinations considers to a high-chance profile where design is overwhelming and specific getting dealt with is a certain major if a trading learner is to survive. Even over joy is also harmful for trading. That's why every traders should learn to control their emotions during trading.

both are harmful! you have to control them! let say you opened a position with 0.01 lot and you decided to forget it for a whole week with propriety SL! let's say after 5 days this trade goes with you with 80 pips or 100 pips so you guaranteed a 10$ that's what it called non-greedy trade and you are risking free with less fear! if you are taking a 0.10 lot and it moved against you 100 pips so you loosed here a 100$ and if you don't have a bigger account than the fear will eat you! if you want to succeed in forex you have to understand money management correctly and take psychology of forex trading courses!

both are harmful! you have to control them! let say you opened a position with 0.01 lot and you decided to forget it for a whole week with propriety SL! let's say after 5 days this trade goes with you with 80 pips or 100 pips so you guaranteed a 10$ that's what it called non-greedy trade and you are risking free with less fear! if you are taking a 0.10 lot and it moved against you 100 pips so you loosed here a 100$ and if you don't have a bigger account than the fear will eat you! if you want to succeed in forex you have to understand money management correctly and take psychology of forex trading courses!
With no technical pointers, price action trading means like the technical analysis. In Forex trading different traders use different trading strategies according to their trading needs and demands. I am doing the long-term trading because I have huge money and need to make big investment. I choose ForexOne trading broker who allow all kinds of trading strategies in their platform without any restrictions and they give all types of facilities.

Emotion can cause great problem in trading. Because taking decision emotionally can lead the trade into the loss. Technical decision is far better than emotional decision. I don't give importance to emotion while I trade. My broker TP Global FX is also help me to take decision technically. It prevents me from taking decision emotionally. I like them because of their low spreads, dynamic leverage and easy decision making tools.

Fear will freeze you and greed will ruin you! So, better not have and fear or greed especially when it comes to trading!

Both are bad, when the numbers go i minus you have fear. and you sell your lot quick. its important to know that the market takes time its not instant. and greedy is when you want more and more, money then until its drops and all negativ!

Both are dangerous equally and you can lose your trade if you have no control over fear and greed. Avoid both. I suggested that just enter in forex trading with trading knowledge, confidence and gain experience and become a successful trader.

Both emotions are harmful to proper trading. The former makes people reckless, the latter makes them too insecure.

Actually have some fear in forex trading is normal. But too much fear is bad. If you face to much fear in forex trading then you couldn't trade. Because its Interrupted for your frequently trading. You need to be confidence to yourself.

Moreover greed is a one of the reason for lose in trading. Its make you more greedy for profit. But suddenly you may lose all your investment. So, fear and greed both are dangerous for trading

Thank you..

I have been trading with just a small amount of money at a time, so I would say I generally trade without fear. Greed on the other hand o_O ruins me every time! Lol

both are harmful, but i think greed does more harm then fear.... and is the reason most of the ppl blow up their account in greed of quick money. if you are emotionally not stable and disicplined then forex is not for you. it requires are alot of patience, proper strategy and risk management to succeed.

I have been trading with just a small amount of money at a time, so I would say I generally trade without fear. Greed on the other hand o_O ruins me every time! Lol
Me too. "Let's wait a little longer, it could rally higher and there'll be a bigger profit!" always leads to losses.

I think fear is just as important and just as bad when it comes to affecting people's trading decisions, if in a different way.

To win against fear and greed;

1- solid stoploss point. a point where you can convince all the world that it is a good stop loss point that is reasonable and will hold.
2- short take profit targets

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.