What's new

Free Grid EA Ikarus - From zero to hero

madhusr1

My house, my rules:

NO
Trolls.
NO discussion of other non-related systems or topics.
NO discussion of commercial materials (Brokers, Paid Products, etc).
NO attacking and disrespecting other members.
RULE BREAKERS WILL BE IGNORED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Hello,

I am trading since the year of 2000. I do use different strategies and styles, but some years ago I fall in love with grid trading. Yes, I – and hopefully you – know, it is high risk, and when you try like me to gain performance 100% + a year at some point you will always hit the doomsday drawdown and blow your account. Non or less, my heartbeat goes up when thinking of the grid and many nights I swapped my sleep for intense back testing.

Some years ago, I found the EA “Super Money Grid” at the internet. I started testing it and after a while it went live with some real money. After 2 years I had many ideas how to optimize this strategy. A friend of mine is a coder and wanted to learn MQL 4. We teamed up, I explained him my ideas and he put them into the code. After 6 months we had a brand-new version of the EA with many cool features, we called it BlackMamba Ikarus.

So if you wonder about the name, well, the story of Icarus was for me always the perfect picture one should keep in mind when using a grid style trading approach: You will fly, but do not go to high, because the sun will burn your wings and your account will crash down.

When using I highly recommend starting on a demo account, only use with real money when you can handle the EA and are aware of the extreme risks involved in this trading style.

Attachments

• Icarus_2.2.ex4
    125.9 KB · Views: 27

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.