What's new

How to count levels inf BTMM

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

facitas

Is BTMM still working? I seem to strugle in counting levels. Maybe some one has some pointer on jow to count them? Or have found a great video explaining it

Facitas, I had replied to you comment about levels but I notice now that my comment is missing. Seems like it has been deleted, form some reason. So, the levels are difficult to get and take time to understand how to track them properly. There are cycles happening on all time frames so there are resets that occur through out other time frames. You can search "Kar on levels" and thats a good place to start. I used follow exactly how Kar marks up his levels, with boxes, and that is how I eventually learned. The resets are going to be the hardest part. Now I no longer need to mark up my levels since i"ve done it so much, I can just see what level any pairs are in, by just the moving averages that Btmm uses. Also, I use the dashboard indicator from steve mauro. It is not needed but it helps me alot because i have a bit of ADD :() It just show the ADR for all the pairs in one organized dashboard. Save me time. You might find it helpful for you levels :) Let me know if you try it and what you think and feel free to ask me anything. Willing to help you learn

Attachments

• ! btmm dashboard.ex4
    63.6 KB · Views: 17

Taxijason, I have one more question, how do you approach the markets daily? How do you determine which pairs to look. Because the biggest problem I have is that I see the pattern. but I enter too early or I miss it entirely.

Recovering mistakes is the only way to develop and flourish a trader’s career. Once traders can recover from their mistakes, it remains as a good knowledge in them. Follow a certain educational program which can probably help you recover our mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been studying the levels along side of the quarters levels and ict concepts for confluence that helps for sure

Taxijason, I have one more question, how do you approach the markets daily? How do you determine which pairs to look. Because the biggest problem I have is that I see the pattern. but I enter too early or I miss it entirely.​

I don't really know how to answer this in a short way. You really have to know the method really well. The issue with Steve Mauro (I don't even know if I would call it an issue) is he makes BTMM sound really easy. It is just not. I don't fault him at all for it. He is just a very motivational and inspiring person. BTMM can become easy and effortlessl for anyone, like it is for Steve and others who have mastered it but...it takes Uber amounts of work. That's the reality. The method is so big, to learn it in full. There's alot of setups and alot of understandings. I'm no master, I'm learning everyday. To try and answer questions....people trade BTMM differently even though the method doesn't change. I'm not sure if you know Kar, who is one of the teachers that teaches alongside with Steve. I trade just like Kar and with my own subtle nuances...to give you an idea of my style. To approach the market using BTMM you really have to know your setups and your patterns and know exactly what you are looking for at any given sequence or segment in the market cycles. Most of Steves student teachers recommend picking 1 of the signature BTMM setups and mastering it...then moving on to master a 2nd and then a 3rd. They say 3 is all you need to absolutely destroy the market. I personally trade 6 set ups and I will only trade those 6. Also have my primary Mona Lisa setup and pattern that is the absolute best of the best for me. I look at 36 pairs which is probably too many but I'm comfortable with it so I don't see a reason to change it at this time. I mostly look at the 1 hour chart when I come to the market and filter the pairs that are showing the clearest moves and I write them all down on a notpad for the day. Usally filter down to about 5-10 pairs that interest me the most for the day and establish my bias and what setups looking for. And that's it. When they present exactly like I want to see it, I take the trade. I know this is already long but I don't know how to make it any shorter. One more thing I could say that may help something click. Trading BTMM is sort of like a sequence of events....you already know which setups you are looking for depending on the segment of the market cycle....when the setup presents as you expected, that's the first part of the sequence. So now you have your setup but...you can not trade the setup until you get your pattern, which is the 2nd part of the sequence. The pattern is how you can take a vaild trade off of that setup. Has to be one of the BTMM signature patterns just as the setup has to be one of the vaild signature setups. Then finally, the last part of the sequence is the candlestick pattern trigger for the entry. Like one of the ones that BTMM uses, railroad tracks, cord of wood, star pattern, or the shift candle. Doesn't nessasarly have to have candlestick pattern but is highly preferred, especially the shift. The very last piece is TDI is used to confirm it all. Hope that any of that helped

Facitas, I had replied to you comment about levels but I notice now that my comment is missing. Seems like it has been deleted, form some reason. So, the levels are difficult to get and take time to understand how to track them properly. There are cycles happening on all time frames so there are resets that occur through out other time frames. You can search "Kar on levels" and thats a good place to start. I used follow exactly how Kar marks up his levels, with boxes, and that is how I eventually learned. The resets are going to be the hardest part. Now I no longer need to mark up my levels since i"ve done it so much, I can just see what level any pairs are in, by just the moving averages that Btmm uses. Also, I use the dashboard indicator from steve mauro. It is not needed but it helps me alot because i have a bit of ADD :() It just show the ADR for all the pairs in one organized dashboard. Save me time. You might find it helpful for you levels :) Let me know if you try it and what you think and feel free to ask me anything. Willing to help you learn
Thanks for this, I'm trying to find a tutorial on how the dashboard is used. I also have ADD :)

I don't really know how to answer this in a short way. You really have to know the method really well. The issue with Steve Mauro (I don't even know if I would call it an issue) is he makes BTMM sound really easy. It is just not. I don't fault him at all for it. He is just a very motivational and inspiring person. BTMM can become easy and effortlessl for anyone, like it is for Steve and others who have mastered it but...it takes Uber amounts of work. That's the reality. The method is so big, to learn it in full. There's alot of setups and alot of understandings. I'm no master, I'm learning everyday. To try and answer questions....people trade BTMM differently even though the method doesn't change. I'm not sure if you know Kar, who is one of the teachers that teaches alongside with Steve. I trade just like Kar and with my own subtle nuances...to give you an idea of my style. To approach the market using BTMM you really have to know your setups and your patterns and know exactly what you are looking for at any given sequence or segment in the market cycles. Most of Steves student teachers recommend picking 1 of the signature BTMM setups and mastering it...then moving on to master a 2nd and then a 3rd. They say 3 is all you need to absolutely destroy the market. I personally trade 6 set ups and I will only trade those 6. Also have my primary Mona Lisa setup and pattern that is the absolute best of the best for me. I look at 36 pairs which is probably too many but I'm comfortable with it so I don't see a reason to change it at this time. I mostly look at the 1 hour chart when I come to the market and filter the pairs that are showing the clearest moves and I write them all down on a notpad for the day. Usally filter down to about 5-10 pairs that interest me the most for the day and establish my bias and what setups looking for. And that's it. When they present exactly like I want to see it, I take the trade. I know this is already long but I don't know how to make it any shorter. One more thing I could say that may help something click. Trading BTMM is sort of like a sequence of events....you already know which setups you are looking for depending on the segment of the market cycle....when the setup presents as you expected, that's the first part of the sequence. So now you have your setup but...you can not trade the setup until you get your pattern, which is the 2nd part of the sequence. The pattern is how you can take a vaild trade off of that setup. Has to be one of the BTMM signature patterns just as the setup has to be one of the vaild signature setups. Then finally, the last part of the sequence is the candlestick pattern trigger for the entry. Like one of the ones that BTMM uses, railroad tracks, cord of wood, star pattern, or the shift candle. Doesn't nessasarly have to have candlestick pattern but is highly preferred, especially the shift. The very last piece is TDI is used to confirm it all. Hope that any of that helped
Thanks for all this valuable information. It helps a lot with the confusion I get when I'm watching hours and hours of video. I seem to have brain fog after watching for a long period of time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members Online

No members online now.