What's new

HOW TO DRAW VALID TRENDLINES

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Realjosh254

1: Identify obvious peaks and troughs.
2(A): Connect a minimum of 2 peaks (or highs) with a line from left to right and you have a downward trendline.
(B) Connect a minimum of 2 troughs (or lows) with a line and you have an upward trendline.
Key points you need to know:
· When you draw trendlines, they would usually fall into the outer trendline and the inner trendline.
· Outer trendlines are the main trendlines drawn from much significant peaks or troughs and they are quite obvious in the larger timeframes like 1hr and 4hr and upwards.
· Inner trendlines are trendlines drawn within or inside the outer trendlines and generally, when you switch to smaller timeframes, you tend to get a lot of inner trendlines.
· These peaks and troughs that are used to draw inner trendlines are sometimes quite difficult to spot if you are in a larger timeframe like the 4hr or the daily but when you switch to the 1hr or the 30min and 15 min, the peaks and troughs become obvious to draw these inner trendlines.

This is very clear and explanatory indeed. I am just learning on how to be good at drawing TL.... it's a little confu8 from my end

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.