What's new

I quitted learning manual trading and I am learning automated trading

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

umuneke44

manual trading takes time and it is frustrating, It once gave me a mental break down and I won't return to it , so I have chose to study algo trading! hope it will help.

marcopolo009

manual trading takes time and it is frustrating, It once gave me a mental break down and I won't return to it , so I have chose to study algo trading! hope it will help.
good luck. it has its own pitfalls... easy to get ea with lots of promise but to discover they don't work in a real life account...

desofm

What have you learned so far? I want to get into algo trading too!

tudayakumar

good luck. it has its own pitfalls... easy to get ea with lots of promise but to discover they don't work in a real life account...
Exactly! Even if you do 2 -3 trades per day with an indicator and SNR levels you can earn better. But Automatic trading can blow your account any time if the market is choppy.

cashisking86

So you opted to do something you have even less control over? Also trading takes time because it is so multi-facetted. Once you learn theory you then have to work out a strategy that works for you and be able to execute it. THEN you have to deal with your inner demons that stop you trading logically. There are no shortcuts and EAs won't shorten the process.

Angiosperm

Your reason for moving to automated trading doesn’t satisfy me much as you seem to not have obtained enough experience in manual trading that would have helped you in setting the right instructions for automated trading.

Hootenany

Sure, take time and relax before you start manual trading again. Using an EA for a long time is not suitable as you cannot completely rely on it. So, go back to learning and practice on a demo account if you must and gain confidence! It is okay to feel low, pick yourself back up, remember the goal and aim towards it!

Quibble

I don’t think that it is a good idea to quit manual trading completely. I mean it’s not a good decision to depend on a robot with your trades. You can use a bot in highly volatile situations but consider manual trading the other times.

Spectrograph

I am sorry but manual trading is much less stressful than automated trading in my opinion. You are in total control of your trades and the only thing you need to do is manage your emotions while trading. It is normal to feel stressed when you start out as a beginner. Learn to deal with the stress and you should not expect to find shortcuts even with automated trading.

Macromania

Without trading manually, what made you think that it is time consuming and won’t work for you. I am not sure what you have in your mind but manual trading is still the best way of trading. It may not work sometimes but your automated system is also prone to failing. I am not saying that you should not use a trading bot. All I am saying is that you must first obtain trading experience as a manual trader and then move to a bot.

Siphonic

Good luck with that. But I would advise you to try learning manual trading again. You should not give up on learning this easily. Automated trading also has its own challenges and sometimes it is way riskier than manual trading. Learning to trade forex will never be easy but the knowledge about manual trading will surely help you in the long run.

Monopial

It’s not possible to use automated trading before you can trade manually. So, don’t believe in all that any random person tells you and do your learning properly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P learning to trade forex, was it hard or easy? Forex Education 0
U General learning curve in forex MetaTrader 1
T Learning STEP MA coding General Discussions 0
G Learning Forex trading 101 Forex Education 1
M What are some of the first steps to learning to trade crypto?? Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies 0
S Forex education and learning how to trade Forex Education 47
Y Major steps to learning forex. Trading Systems and Strategies 0
T Learning all strategy its so help full Forex Education 1
cherrymover Any one developing trading strategy that use machine learning (ML)? which model and which ML libraries are you using. how do you connect the ML to the Forex Indicators and Tools 0
R Learning forex as a beginner Forex Education 54
T Learning forex and market analysis Forex Education 17
F Learning to make profitable trade Forex Education 7
R Learning is a never-ending process Forex Education 0
R Forex trading is a learning process Forex Education 1
J Best Website for Learning 4x Trading in 2021 Forex Education 4
A harmonic learning no indicators Trading Systems and Strategies 1
C learning all about forex General Discussions 2
A Learning Forex Strategies Trading Systems and Strategies 2
C Best deep learning school Interactive Forex Trading 5
N General Learning materials for newbies Forex Education 4
W Learning forex basics on patterns Interactive Forex Trading 7
B Learning Indicators and stop loss MetaTrader 0
D General learning to trade mt4 in forex Forex Education 0
T Learning to cut losses and letting profits run Forex Education 0
L General interested in learning boom and crash Trading Systems and Strategies 2
H Learning how to trade options. Binary Options and Futures 0
E Technical analysis learning methods General Discussions 2
N Volatility 75 index sniper entry learning PDF Forex Indicators and Tools 91
E Lack of interest in learning General Discussions 2
E Learning is important for beginners General Discussions 18
E Lack of interest in learning General Discussions 3
E Never stop learning... General Discussions 3
E Learning is an unending process General Discussions 1
E Learning is a continuous process. General Discussions 3
Barren Suggestion Forex learning Forex Education 0
J Good Website or Links for Learning Forex Forex Education 4
F Learning Forex Analysis and Knowing the Best Forex Hours to Become a Good Trader! Forex Education 2
A Epignosis Read Me is a PDF Manual Document. Trading Systems and Strategies 0
A Forex is stress ful with manual trade Trading Systems and Strategies 2
B Profitable EA Helo im sharing Lucifer EA for Semi Auto Manual TP SL Forex Indicators and Tools 2
E Which One is Better, Manual or? Forex Education 13
D Tutorial PRICE ACTION VOLUMES RESISTANCE AND SUPPORT ANALYSIS (PVRSA) INDICATORS MANUAL Forex Indicators and Tools 0
N Manual Trading or Automated Trading Trading Systems and Strategies 4
N MarketFighter With User Manual MetaTrader 0
mojamojafx fx sniper 24 manual system kill the markets Trading Systems and Strategies 14
P Indicator PZ Fibonacci MT5,without human intervention or manual object anchoring Forex Indicators and Tools 0
D Volatility inexes strategies manual or automated Trading Systems and Strategies 3
L Report Nas v3 pro does not put in stop los only manual tp setup MetaTrader 0
A What are the pros and cons of manual ( click trading) vs automated trading? General Discussions 29
B Ats trading system manual Trading Systems and Strategies 0