What's new

General IC Markets VS FP Markets !

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes
As for me i always feel FP Market is better than IC. The Spreads from both the broker start from 0.0pips but the commission is FP is lesser than IC markets.
1587036773798.png

I've had accounts with both FP Markets and ICMFrom my experience, the cutomer service is why I decided to stick with FP Markets, IC support is a nightmare to deal with. You'll have to wait ages before you get a proper response.

I used to trade with ICM as a beginner and faced difficulties mainly because of their unoperative customer support.

I moved my accounts to FP markets recently and the experience is a complete contrast, their customer support team are polite and quickly clarify all queries.

I was trading with ICMarkets previously and had faced issues multiple times where their servers would freeze during events and was a nightmare for withdrawing. Their support was pathetic as well, always in queue for a long time with no proper responses.I decided to move my account to FP Markets, I trade with their raw spreads account now, their trading conditions are much more stable and most importantly, their customer support is great. Withdrawal process is super fast, I got my funds in same day even though i requested a little later after their cut off time of 10am AEST.

Based on the reviews I can see in forums and even across the web, seem FP Market are getting positive reviews than IC Markets?

In general FP Markets seem to be a older company, have better spreads and lower commissions, but still ICM seems to be having a big client base, not sure how clients decide?

I was planning to open account with IC but my attempts to deposit using both Skrill and neteller were not allowed for some reason, the payment attempts were failing and their Support team had no idea why, it was really annoying and a complete waste of time. And my colleague trades with FP Markets, he had no issues with deposit. Was able to do so comfortably with skrill. Their support staff were very prompt as well.

its been over a year since i started trading with FP Markets, it is a well-established brokerage firm that has been around since 2005.If you look at the reviews online,

It has a relatively lesser amount of complaints and from my personal experience as well it has been a dependable broker.

ICM and FP Markets are ASIC regulated broker, both have been operating for a while now.Based on the reviews, seems FP Markets are more reliable.From my experience as well with their live chat, the customer service reps of ICM were not really helpful and took a lot of time in waiting wheras FP Markets customer support team were quick to respond.

Based on the reviews I can see in forums and even across the web, seem FP Market are getting positive reviews than IC Markets?

In general FP Markets seem to be a older company, have better spreads and lower commissions, but still ICM seems to be having a big client base, not sure how clients decide?

Both FP Markets and ICM are very similar businesses. They have similar trading conditions and are both licensed by ASIC. However from my experience, recently FP Markets have started becoming better, their spreads in major pairs are the lowest. Also FP Markets commissions are lower Comapred to IC 6 USD vs 7 USD.Eventhough FP Markets are in business for longer 15 years, they were mainly a equities broker. They only started extending into FX CFD offering for the last few years, probably this is the reason why IC had more traction.I'm holding trading accounts with both brokers and if I had to choose one I would say FP Markets, mainly because they are more professional as a company and have a very responsive customer support. I would expect that from a broker when I decide to deposit some decent money to trade.

I've had accounts with both FP Markets and ICM, they both have very similar spreads. However FP Markets have lower commission charges, they charge $3 per lot where as IC charges $3.5

The main reason is the cutomer service is why I decided to stick with FP Markets, IC support is a nightmare to deal with .

From my personal exprience with both FP Markets and IC, i would recomment FP Markets mainly beause of the customer serive team, I've had bad experience with ICM staffs and it used to be an difficult task to reach their customer service team, where as FP Markets customer staffs were quick in responding and also i had no issue to reach them.Though FP Markets spreads are similar the commission cost is lower compared to ICM, And their news trading is really reliable even during any volatile market situations.

I personally would recommend FP Markets than ICM because FP Market spreads are better than IC, Also their commissions are lower as well.From my experience trading with both brokers, I've noticed that FP markets never try to manipulate pricing and act against the clients by having issues like server freezing.

With ICM server freezing were quite frequent.FP Markets have been in business for over 15 years and are very transparent with their offerings and trading conditions, they are also regulated by ASIC. This is one of the main reason why i have all my high balance trading accounts with FP Markets.

I'm a beginner and i looking to open a real account. I'll be scalping mainly and have considered ICM and FP Markets as both broker have similar spreads.

Has anyone traded with both brokers and based on your experience recommended which one is better?

Hi Juan.Anto, I trade currently using FP Markets, was a previous trader of ICM, but the commission cost are lower in FP markets.

There has been no no issues with the spread widening or platform freezing in FP Markets that I can recall in the recent past

I’m into scalping and looking to open an account with a broker that works in ECN model.

Does FP Market have ECN account? and any idea if they provide free VPS?

Yes, I currently trade with FP Markets and i use their Raw Spreads account, which uses ECN pricing. The spreads are low starting from 0.0 pips.Regarding the VPS, i don't have one from them.

However, i believe they do sponsor a free VPS if you trade 10 lots per month or deposit a minimum amount, check out with their support.

I mostly scalp in the Majors, So looking for a broker that offers tight spreads (Preferably ECN Pricing) and most importantly, it should be stable during high volatility market movements.

I read reviews on ICM and FP Markets, not sure which broker would be suitable for my requirements. Any reviews on these two brokers?

Compared between the two, I would any day recommend FP Markets because of their robust trading conditions and the spreads in FP Markets are lower when compared to ICM.

The commission cost in ICM is $3.5 per lot, whereas in FP Market it's just $3. The customer support is much more reliable in FP Markets, ICM is horrible at responding to queries.

1606310801605.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.