What's new

I'm a beginner in forex, started about 2 months ago. So I'm asking, please what the best scalping strategy you would suggest?

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

quang nguyen

I'm a beginner in forex, started about 2 months ago. So I'm asking, please what the best scalping strategy you would suggest?

I have been wondering the same thing. With a very small starting account balance I have trouble with the larger timeframes due to drawdown. I guess I need to find lower cost pairs so that a 1hr candle in an active market doesn't tap me out.

Don't bother with scalping, it requires to much information and a whole lot of unnecessary education, the big players who make big money are position and swing traders, Less stress and more quality trades that have a higher payout then scalping with a far narrower stop loss.

For those who insist on scalping, there is an excellent video on youtube ' Psych FX - Sam - Free Step by Step Scalping Training - Technical Strategy '. Check them out fantastic content and its free.

Scalping is based on the concept of smaller exposure risk, as each trade's real-time in the market is relatively short, reducing the possibility of a large change due to an adverse occurrence. Furthermore, it believes that smaller moves are easier to obtain than larger ones and that smaller moves occur more frequently.

The most effective scalping tactics
  • Strategy using a stochastic oscillator
  • Strategy based on the moving average
  • SAR indicator technique with a parabola
  • Strategy based on the RSI

Trading is a disciplined activity that rewards patience. While those that succeed at scalping do have these attributes, they are in the minority. Most traders benefit from a longer-term perspective, smaller position sizes, and a slower tempo of activity.

I don't scalp but I do use lower entry time frames like 15 min and I find Supply and Demand method works well on all TF even down to 15m

I have been trading forex over 10 years now . Learn to develop a bias and use Techinical Analysys to enter the trade base on your bias

You can either use stochastic, moving average, or RSI. There are some paid signals that can help you to guess the trade as well.

I don't scalp but I do use lower entry time frames like 15 min and I find Supply and Demand method works well on all TF even down to 15m

I find scalping really hard for a beginner. But the fortune of it is you are in more setups and make mistakes more often to learn from them.

Look for pullback or breakout opportunities. They are often accompanied by an increase in momentum which for a short period of time makes the market a bit more predictable and skew odds in your favour. However such conditions occur not so frequently and do not last long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.