What's new

General Is it possible for a robot to be profitable?

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

lnx26

The truth is, I'm obsessed. I have bought, rented, sought EA and they are never usually profitable as they sell it
if they last a month it's profit is many. but they all have the same ending.
What is burning account
what do you think about automatic trade?
have been profitable with an ea?

Hi
Well, personally I'm in the process of developing a trading bot ! So what I say comes from experience.

If you are running a bot on time-based candlesticks, there is a small chance of winning on lower time frames, most of the scalping bots being promoted will never work. Very few of them can be profitable on higher time frames and the result.... is tons wors than doing trades manually.

So, why someone would buy a bot that trades 12% per year?

1- europian and American banks won't give profit above 5-6 % per year, so, for many people, 12 percent is a lot!
2- when a bot is profitable in one pair, if you can fine-tune parameters for more pairs, this means the total gain will be multiplied by the number of pairs

But...

if you want to know the real secret...

When you have a bot that is giving you nothing but lost on time frame candlesticks.... try it on non-timeframe based charts like Renko ! The bot I am developing, on 1-minute candles, would go down with a 30-degree slope until it would make the balance zero. But on Renko charts, it gives more than 50$ gain in month with 0.01 positions !!! I will let you do your homework about the reason this happens on a chart like Renko.

Most definitely possible! But the market is a beast in itself, a robot that can detect news and trade accordingly while learning would be holy grail of robots! :)

Hi
Well, personally I'm in the process of developing a trading bot ! So what I say comes from experience.

If you are running a bot on time-based candlesticks, there is a small chance of winning on lower time frames, most of the scalping bots being promoted will never work. Very few of them can be profitable on higher time frames and the result.... is tons wors than doing trades manually.

So, why someone would buy a bot that trades 12% per year?

1- europian and American banks won't give profit above 5-6 % per year, so, for many people, 12 percent is a lot!
2- when a bot is profitable in one pair, if you can fine-tune parameters for more pairs, this means the total gain will be multiplied by the number of pairs

But...

if you want to know the real secret...

When you have a bot that is giving you nothing but lost on time frame candlesticks.... try it on non-timeframe based charts like Renko ! The bot I am developing, on 1-minute candles, would go down with a 30-degree slope until it would make the balance zero. But on Renko charts, it gives more than 50$ gain in month with 0.01 positions !!! I will let you do your homework about the reason this happens on a chart like Renko.
hi
your idea is great
can you tell us more about your EA and if you have web site that will be great
and if you can share your BOT that will more fantastic thing
thanks again

your idea is great
can you tell us more about your EA and if you have web site that will be great how get plz

The truth is, I'm obsessed. I have bought, rented, sought EA and they are never usually profitable as they sell it
if they last a month it's profit is many. but they all have the same ending.
What is burning account
what do you think about automatic trade?
have been profitable with an ea?
On this pages you will find only profitable robots.

I think a profitable bot should have AI or a perfect setup (which is hard to find, takes lot of time....or will be shared here...;)).

hi
your idea is great
can you tell us more about your EA and if you have web site that will be great
and if you can share your BOT that will more fantastic thing
thanks again

Hi

I don't have a website, but the bot i'm working on it, has started by a very simplistic strategy, a cross of two moving averages ! the thing is that, in candle stick charts, it will rect your account in less than few days, but using real time tick data to back test and also generating the renko chart, in back test it shows near 10-20 percent profit per month on renko. How ever, moving to the next stage, in real time trading, it still looses small amount of money, I know it can become profitable but needs little adjustments here and there like what should be the percentage for take profit or how many pips for take profit and stop loss. I even used the optimizer of strategy tester but still, in real time it will need some adjustments.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.