What's new

is VPS Mandatory for bot trading

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Kmalhi

IS VPS mandatory? I have the AF Global scalper but im not sure if the VPS is needed for the robot

Reactions: OLG
IS VPS mandatory? I have the AF Global scalper but im not sure if the VPS is needed for the robot
With VPS you get 24/7 stable connection for a small fee. But if you have a computer running 24hrs and have good stable internet connection with low latency, you can use that too!

VPS is required if your internet connection is not stable or you don't have a computer running 24/7.
In my case as I always leave my computer on I use it to run my EAs, otherwise I'd have to get aVPS for myself

Stability is one thing to worry about especially if you a scupper. You can't afford constant slippage due to internet disconnection or having to restart your PC or close your trading platform and open it again when you already exposed. Personal Computers aren't quite built for running an EA effectively. It might burn out. The hardware just ain't built for for resilience. I'd recommend a VPS or trade with a brocker that would offer free hosting if you trade a certain lot size per month. Usually 10lot. Lot so much when you a scupper and running an EA.

Hi all. I'll try to answer a few questions to the best of my knowledge.

First there is a huge difference between VPN and VPS. The former being the Virtual Private Network which deals primarily with hiding your internet Protocol address/ IP-Address. Rerouting your internet connection via different channels/Nodes/computer servers. Mostly used to browse the darkened and deepnet. You most likely need an VPS for extra securityeanimg you will be surfing the internet on a virtual Computer.

Now that brings us to the VPS. The Virtual Private Server as its called. Is a cloud based computer networking system. The Cloud computer system runs on servers and there are companies that host websites and cloud based computing such as running an MT4/MT5 software on you designated virtual computer hosted on the cloud. VPS may run 24/7 without interruptions and can be accessed anywhere in the world where you have internet connection... Which is why VPS's are recommended for running Expert Advisors. Its like having a computer that never turns off which is why it's not advisable to run an EA on your PC or laptop. Firstly because it will turn off at some point due to power or hardware failure. Once your PC and or trading terminal is offline, the EA will not be able to make trades.

And lastly most Brockers offer VPS hosting. Meta trader host as well and they charge about $10 p/m.

I hope that helps.
Toodles!!!

No, VPS is not mandatory as you can simply use any computer that you want and just run it 24 hrs, 5 days a week (Monday to Friday) and you are good to go. However, the bad news is, you would need to face with the risks of sudden PC failure, unwanted shut down & restart, PC operation freeze problems and also internet break down, WIFI and internet cable problems, other unforseen circumstances such as electricity shortage and etc. If you do not want any of those problems to happen which could bring unnecessary problems or damage to your trading, then VPS is simply your best choice to avoid all those unwanted issues. Simple as that.

VPS is required for a variety of bots. These bots would include everything from RSI tools to price viewing tools. Many bots will come with several options for using a VPS or not; it is entirely up to you.

There are, however, some bots on the market that do not require VPS systems. Because most popular solutions are now web-based, there is no need for separate bot hosting because the bot is already hosted on the cloud.

VPSs are always nice. You never have to worry about losing connection and have trading running unmanaged.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.