What's new

Market Profile In Forex

sulemanocta

Who moves the price?
Even though the question "who moves the price?" may seem a bit philosophical and not practical or useful, it is extremely important. In fact, the whole idea behind my trading system is based on this question. The table on the right side shows that roughly 80% of all the currency volume is transacted by only ten financial institutions. They have the absolute majority, they move and manipulate the price. It is their game!

Standard indicators only show you historical development but fail to foresee future movements. I don’t want to get too mathematical in here, but if you look at how the most common indicators are calculated, you will see that they work with only two variables:
1. time, 2. historical price.
That‘s it. Nothing more. All those indicators are only variations and different visualizations of time and historical price. There is no Holy Grail among them, and they are all just lines in your charts that add absolutely no value. So, why do all those forex broker analysts use all those indicators then? Well, do you know who those analysts are? They are just ordinary guys who go to work, do their job and then go home. It so comes that their job is to do one stupid article per day to feed their clients. Those clients are most likely to lose their money anyways since most people in this business do. So those analysts just give them an incentive to do some more trading so the broker can profit on taking opposite sides of the trades. That’s it. The only purpose of indicators is to make people feel more in control and to push them to trade more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.