What's new

Mastering Trading Psychology

There's a popular book that's called
Trading in the Zone: Master the Market with Confidence, Discipline, and a Winning Attitude
Book by Mark Douglas

I don’t think any book can teach you trading psychology better than constant practice. You can take some time daily to test your patience, anger, frustration, and other emotions that will probably become a hurdle for you in the live market.

@shortham I agree! That by practice a trader can master his trading psychology but I think books also have a role in helping you. I read “The Art of Thinking Clear” by Rolf Dobelli and learnt quite a lot.

As per my knowledge, books can help a lot in training our mind. Many people underestimate the ability of books in training one’s mind.

Books can certainly give you a lot of good advice, but it depends on the trader to implement that advice in practice, and that is not as easy as it seems.

Most people do not find reading books worthy but in my opinion they are our true friends. Mastering Trading Psychology by Mike Baehr is my favourite book and it helped me a lot.

You can’t master trading psychology by reading books. You will have to encounter situations in real life to understand them and develop good psychology. Try testing your emotions like patience, anger, greed, hope, frustration, and sadness that are most probably going to interfere with your decision-making while trading.

One can learn the theory of it from books, but books alone aren't enough. One needs to actually trade and experience that pressure by themselves to truly understand, I think.

Books are always helpful but if you do it yourself by trying to understand your psychology it will be more effective. Mastering your mind is a long process. So, make sure you have the patience that it requires.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.