What's new

Musk ends Tesla support for Bitcoin citing environmental concerns

mlawson71

Elon Musk’s Tesla will no longer accept Bitcoin payments for its products due to “environmental concerns”. Musk, naturally, announced it by tweeting about it, and caused a massive price drop for the most popular cryptocurrency on the market. This announcement came just two months after Tesla announced its support for Bitcoin payments, as well as its decision to invest 1.5 billion US dollars.

“Bitcoin. We are concerned about rapidly increasing use of fossil fuels for Bitcoin mining and transactions, especially coal, which has the worst emissions of any fuel,” Musk tweeted and added: “crypto currency is a good idea on many levels and we believe it has a promising future, but this cannot come at great cost to the environment.”
Source

Elon Musk had enough resources to be aware of Bitcoin's environmental cost back when he first started hyping this, so this reasoning does not seem particularly plausible to me.

I don't trust crypto anymore If this is all it takes to affect the most powerful crypto (bitcoin). instead of investing in it, swing trading is the way to go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks