What's new

price action or indicators

I think there are useful strategies for both, it depends entirely on what you would prefer to use. That is a very subjective choice.

When I traded with indicators such as MACD, RSI, and/or Stocastic, I had several good weeks of consistent profit, and then all of a sudden those profits were wiped out by a few disasterous weeks. Obviously, the market conditions changed, and my indicator-based methods were no longer profitable.

I would recommend the price action approach to anyone who wants to succeed in the trading business, and I would love to hear the opinions of other profitable traders who are using indicators instead of price action.

I think if you want to do analysis, you have to do technical analysis. However, if you trade with price action from the indicator, the profit percentage is higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
They each has their own use depends on your trading stratergy. Indicators are more favour if you are heavily on the technically analysis side

It depends on what you are comfortable with I use indicators but there are people who disagree and some who use both

One-on-one strategy for profitability. Not all trades are profitable, you have to manage risk and trade. Any trader can trade with price action and any trader can profit by trading with indicator.

Both have lots of advantages but i think price action is more simple, worthy and easy for both beginners and professionals.

long term you will have to be very disciplined with price action . this way you can judge fake outs etc indicators are lagging indicators except volume

Price action trading is understanding price movement with the help of charts and candlesticks. On the other hand, indicator trading is understanding price movement while applying certain indicators by some mathematical formulas. Price action is better than indicators because it takes the same price information and applies a formula to it. Indicators don't add or take away anything from the price information you see in your candlesticks.

Honestly, both work amazing individually. Backtest a few strategies and choose either one depending on your style and end goal. It is better to test before settling.

Both are equally important for trading forex in a profitable way. Yet, if you are a newbie then indicators are good for you. Price action is good for those who have deep knowledge to understand charts, patterns, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.