What's new

Scalpers are fast and don't adhere to any pattern.

Scalpers are fast and don't adhere to any pattern, they might be short in one exchange and after that go long in the following; little open doors are what they target. Scalpers normally tend to work around the bid-ask spread i.e. purchasing on the bid and offering at ask, subsequently making the spread their benefit. Swing exchanges stay open from few days to a long time to even months, however ordinarily most recent couple of days. Regarding time frame, persistence required and potential returns, swing trading falls between day trading and pattern trading.

I agree with you. When I first started trading I enjoyed the rush of scalping the market, I usually made my profit within the first hour. But you have to make sure you have a plan and stick to it. I have been trapped trying to win back trades but the account ends up copping a hammering. Stick with a plan and you should be alright. There is always the next day.

Scalper only target few pips so they are not looking for any patterns or trend, just momentum, and often slippage and spread are their main hurdles to profitability.....:(:(:(

Scalpers are fast and don't adhere to any pattern, they might be short in one exchange and after that go long in the following; little open doors are what they target. Scalpers normally tend to work around the bid-ask spread i.e. purchasing on the bid and offering at ask, subsequently making the spread their benefit. Swing exchanges stay open from few days to a long time to even months, however ordinarily most recent couple of days. Regarding time frame, persistence required and potential returns, swing trading falls between day trading and pattern trading.
Interesting post. Scalping Forex and Stocks are very different, as are scalping equities. In stocks scalping can be done with momentum and no spread as there are many no-spread (not like an ECN) and no-commission brokers.
It's a fun strategy but hard to be consistent with profits unless you learn how to nail razor sharp entires.

it would be nice if someone made a scalper that used a couple different indicators that are useful in determining the future (such as Ichimoku/RSI/Schochastic) of the pair/equity/indicie/stock as entry conditions prior to putting in a trade.

Or you have to look at higher time frame trend like D1 chart and trade at lower time frame like 5-60M it always work

I started with scalping a year ago, but then I realized its impossible to continuosly looking at the screen all day. Maybe getting in 1-2 trades a day and having many confirmations from various indicators then scalping, seems more reliable to me. Also more stress free.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.