What's new

Scalping vs Swing trading

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

SeanT1994

Hi all forex traders :D

We have all heard of this debate before.. scalping or swing trading?

Now, i would like to bring this up again and hear what you all have to say on this subject. Because when we talk to traders, their styles are all mixed.

My opinion is, scalping is more 1:1 Risk reward but with a good strategy.. you can certainly hit 90-95% accuracy. Swing trading is more laid back ofcourse more ideal for the traders who have full time jobs elsewhere. I think swing trading accuracy is more 50-60% with a 1:2 or 1:3 Risk reward.

Overall i think, when it comes to forex, its best to get in and out as quick as you can. Building a solid strategy around this would be more effective in my opinion.

Whats your experiences and opinions on this guys?

Good morning, in personal use Swing, I have a lot of free time and now more with the coronavirus, but in my experience it has been better for me to use swing, calmer and when you win you do it at least 1: 2 and it is already an advantage .. but each one has a way of doing business on a daily basis.

Now, i would like to bring this up again and hear what you all have to say on this subject. Because when we talk to traders, their styles are all mixed.

My opinion is, scalping is more 1:1 Risk reward but with a good strategy.. you can certainly hit 90-95% accuracy. Swing trading is more laid back ofcourse more ideal for the traders who have full time jobs elsewhere. I think swing trading accuracy is more 50-60% with a 1:2 or 1:3 Risk reward.

Overall i think, when it comes to forex, its best to get in and out as quick as you can. Building a solid strategy around this would be more effective in my opinion.

I do agree with you on scalping Ok hand. Once you get a good strategy it's a green for you

Good morning, in personal use Swing, I have a lot of free time and now more with the coronavirus, but in my experience it has been better for me to use swing, calmer and when you win you do it at least 1: 2 and it is already an advantage .. but each one has a way of doing business on a daily basis.

I agree. i think it depends on the trader it self. but i prefer both. hehehe. :D

Thanks, this is good!

I think that the scalping problem is situated in two keys:
Avoid high-impact news, which is becoming more and more unannounced, and that to develop such a strategy, backtests are not useful due to the distortions that backtests generate with respect to reality.

Both are good but it depends on the trader. I tried swing for long but is not my style so i went back to scalping and is good with me

Good debate, what makes you money is the best at the end of the day

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.