What's new

South Korea regulates crypto trading

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

mlawson71

After many debates South Korea finally fully legalized cryptocurrencies on its territory by passing a new legislation that requires all crypto exchanges to get a license from the local financial regulator - the Financial Services Commission (FSC) of South Korea and the Korea Internet & Security Agency (KISA).

The new legislation is called the Special Financial Information Law and according to it all such companies are required to follow the anti- money laundering (AML) and counter- terror financing (CTF) provisions recommended by the the Financial Action Task Force (FATF).

Right now there are only six exchanges in the country that are registered with the Korea Internet & Security Agency, namely pBit, Bithumb, Coinone, Korbit, Gopax, and Hanbitco.
Source

More exchanges will likely file for licenses soon, if they survive the cryptocurrencies crash caused by the health crisis.

South Korea was into crypto for a long time, from what I remember Seoul had some test areas with only cryptocurrencies. They are way of head.

Them and Japan. Who knows when the rest of the world will follow, especially in the current circumstances.

I believe crypto is the future and country's can only fight it for so long before having to give in and now come up with laws to govern it.

Korea is certainly not fighting cryptos, they are embracing them by the looks of it. Others will probably do so too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members Online

No members online now.