What's new

The truth about Support and Resistance nobody tells you;

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Realjosh254

First, let’s define what’s Support and Resistance so we’re all on the same page.
❇️ Support – A horizontal area on your chart where you can expect buyers to push the price higher.
❇️ Resistance – A horizontal area on your chart where you can expect sellers to push the price lower.
Also: Support and Resistance can swop roles. This means when Support breaks it can become Resistance. And when Resistance breaks it can become Support
But why does it happen?
✍ Because when the price breaks Support, traders who are long are losing money and in the “red’. So, when the price rallies back to Support, this group of traders can now get out of their losing trade at breakeven — and that induce selling pressure.

And that’s not all because traders who missed the breakout will want to short the markets which increase the selling pressure.
And that’s why when Support breaks it tends to become Resistance..

Make sense?
Now you’re probably wondering…

“But how do I draw Support and
Resistance on my charts?”

Everyone trades in the market for making profit. But it is not easy to make profit. Forex market is like a puzzle game. You have to make proper decision in proper time. It is quite difficult to take quick decision without the help of any broker. Making profit is mainly depend on the spreads and leverage and the ability of taking quick and appropriate decisions. I always trade with TP Global FX. Because they provide low spreads starting from 0.01 pips and give a dynamic leverage at maximum of 1:500. It helps me to ensure my profit easily.

The support is the price point that you can expect to have more buyers than sellers. Similarly, resistance is a price point that you can expect to see more sellers than buyers. Support and resistance lines are just an indication of possible price reversals. However, support is a price point below the current market price, indicating a buying interest. The resistance is the price point above the current market price, indicating the interest of selling.

First, let’s define what’s Support and Resistance so we’re all on the same page.
❇ Support – A horizontal area on your chart where you can expect buyers to push the price higher.
❇ Resistance – A horizontal area on your chart where you can expect sellers to push the price lower.
Also: Support and Resistance can swop roles. This means when Support breaks it can become Resistance. And when Resistance breaks it can become Support
But why does it happen?
✍ Because when the price breaks Support, traders who are long are losing money and in the “red’. So, when the price rallies back to Support, this group of traders can now get out of their losing trade at breakeven — and that induce selling pressure.

And that’s not all because traders who missed the breakout will want to short the markets which increase the selling pressure.

Make sense?

thanks for sharing!

❇ Support – A horizontal area on your chart where you can expect buyers to push the price higher.
❇ Resistance – A horizontal area on your chart where you can expect sellers to push the price lower.
But why does it happen?

Make sense?

really helpful

using support and resistance is one of the most important parts of trading as its part of every trading strategy and style as the concept will be exactly the same just executed differently

bro you don't need to listen to anyone. Learn the basics (how to draw), and then draw 1000 and understand the relationship.

You can even start trading with a 10 dollar capital but to grow this capital, you need sufficient trading skill and knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traders should look for knowing the platform and understanding the market first and then they should jump into trading. Honestly, gaining from the Forex market will be really difficult. Eurotrader offers signals on and off to traders so their traders can enjoy profit sometimes.

❇️ Support – A horizontal area on your chart where you can expect buyers to push the price higher.
❇️ Resistance – A horizontal area on your chart where you can expect sellers to push the price lower.
But why does it happen?

Make sense?

That's great insight however I think proper backtesting is needed to verify this hypothesis

But why does it happen?

Make sense?

in terms of analysis, how does this information lead to my entries and decision making ?

Very useful, thanks! I never saw it from this perspective, I will take this into account for my future trades.

Thanks for your inside. I personally think that reading correctly market structure is more profitable then just focusing on S&R

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.