What's new

Trading with the trend gives you bigger profits

It baffles me whenever I see traders trading against the trend.

Why would you want to do that?

Perhaps it’s an ego thing, to call market tops and bottoms. But here’s the thing…

If you’re serious about making money in this business, it’s far easier to trade with the trend — not against it.

Let me explain…

A trending market typically has 2 types of move; a trending move and retracement move.

The trending move – this is the stronger “leg” as it moves in the direction of the trend (and sometimes with strong momentum). This means it’s easy to stay in this type of trade as the market usually moves in your favor quickly.

The retracement move – this is the weaker “leg” as it moves against the direction of the trend. You can trade this type of move, but it’s more stressful as the market could quickly reverse against you.

Great reminder. THE TREND WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR BEST FRIEND. Wishing everybody a prosperous and a GREAT GREAT NEW YEAR!

Great reminder. THE TREND WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR BEST FRIEND. Wishing everybody a prosperous and a GREAT GREAT NEW YEAR!
Forex trading gives the fastest accessing process in the world. No other business will give you such type of facility. You can use your android, I-phone, desktop and mobile for accessing your financial activities. Without any error I can access my trading in ForexOne trading platform. This is a technology-based service provider. They have best trading platforms such as – desktop, web trading, mobile trading and MT4 trading platforms for their clients.

Agree that Trend is your friend in forex and even life in general....but can anyone tell us how to spot trend continuation and reversal pls?

It baffles me whenever I see traders trading against the trend.

Why would you want to do that?

Perhaps it’s an ego thing, to call market tops and bottoms. But here’s the thing…

If you’re serious about making money in this business, it’s far easier to trade with the trend — not against it.

Let me explain…

A trending market typically has 2 types of move; a trending move and retracement move.

The trending move – this is the stronger “leg” as it moves in the direction of the trend (and sometimes with strong momentum). This means it’s easy to stay in this type of trade as the market usually moves in your favor quickly.

The retracement move – this is the weaker “leg” as it moves against the direction of the trend. You can trade this type of move, but it’s more stressful as the market could quickly reverse against you.
My personal problem is when to enter and exit, have been wrong many times! :(

Its a well known fact that it is much safer to take trades in the same direction as the trend. Also higher probability of success.

As a newbie, before trading in the forex market a trader must study on forex market very seriously. He should research all the broker before trading under a broker. After full inspection I decided to choose TP Global FX to trade in the market. Because they helped me to understand all the information about market and they helped me to reduce the risk and ensure profit.

As a trend trader I don't want to ruin your party but just remember that a trend isn't a holy grail. It can turn at any moment, specially in the face of unexpected government meddling. I was riding the EURUSD downtrend and everything was going great until hours ago. It wasn't even near support.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.