What's new

What are the best sleeping ear muffs to block out sound?

talhayousuf

I’ve tried numerous things in this respect and I find them all rather unsatisfactory. First, nothing really ‘blocks out’ sound that effectively for me, and even things that do - like earplugs - I find disconcerting. As well as that, most things you wear on your head get hot, which I don’t like.

What I now do, though, is something that has been effective for over a decade: I listen to natural recordings of things that are high in white noise. In fact, I made three such recordings which I sell commercially - but Quora’s terms of use won’t let me promote them, so sorry about that.
More:- Clarity Aloft Adapter

I don’t like the white noise generators you can buy, as the sound is way to artificial for me. So my recordings are of natural rain, wind and ocean waves. I play them at a volume that is just loud enough to mask outside noise. They work exceptionally well. I have a small audio system that has a speaker on the bedside table on either side of my bed. So I’m sleeping right in the middle of the stereo environment!

I’m sure there are many people making such recordings these days, so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.