What's new

Which forex trading strategy is more reliable?

digitalchris

As a new trader, I have been following some traders' most indicator-based traders and other price action traders. just to cut my learning curve, I will really appreciate it if someone points me in the right direction regarding being an indicator trader or price action trader. which is more accurate and reliable in the long run.

Reactions: Hyg
As a new trader, I have been following some traders' most indicator-based traders and other price action traders. just to cut my learning curve, I will really appreciate it if someone points me in the right direction regarding being an indicator trader or price action trader. which is more accurate and reliable in the long run.
I think you have to develop your own strategy. Everyone has his or her own strategy that works for them.

I have heard about something like developing your strategy based on one personality.

anyway, thanks for the inputs.
Yes, and all you have to do is to take note of the time frame, currency pair that you want to play. Also the time in which to play that currency pair based on the opening and closing time. Then you can draw up a strategy from there. But one thing that is also helpful is trying it on demo first but be realistic with it as if you're using real money, that way you can be sure of what you're doing. I hope this is helpful.

Without a doubt, the trend following strategy is more reliable than the breakout strategy. The breakout strategy works great in trending markets, but will fail miserably in the sideways moving markets. On the other hand, the trend following strategy has a low win rate, but also a low drawdown and can also achieve a crazy winning streak in a trending market. The trend following strategy is more reliable because it can profit in both trending and sideways moving markets.

Without a doubt, the trend following strategy is more reliable than the breakout strategy. The breakout strategy works great in trending markets, but will fail miserably in the sideways moving markets. On the other hand, the trend following strategy has a low win rate, but also a low drawdown and can also achieve a crazy winning streak in a trending market. The trend following strategy is more reliable because it can profit in both trending and sideways moving markets.
Agree. Breakout is also far more difficult to spot, especially for newbies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.