What's new

why purchasing indicator based on screenshot may be deceptive

centy

I think it is advisable not to us an indicator directly or even purchase without really knowing how it operates. Many indicator vendors only screen shot and post best case scenarios (when market conditions are favourable) of indicators. But the true test of an indicator is how it performs or behave under unfavorable market situations

Many commercial indicators also repaint. This may be okay for some traders but I believe repainting feature is a dent on the integrity of the indicator. It is better it doesn’t repaint a signal, even if it results to a loss signal; with that, you would know how to deal with it and whatever filter you would need to add.

To know how truly it behaves, I think the best option is to load it in strategy tested and run in in slow mode… then you can actually study the way it will behave in real market situation. Purchasing based on screen shot can be deceptive

I think it is advisable not to us an indicator directly or even purchase without really knowing how it operates. Many indicator vendors only screen shot and post best case scenarios (when market conditions are favourable) of indicators. But the true test of an indicator is how it performs or behave under unfavorable market situations

Many commercial indicators also repaint. This may be okay for some traders but I believe repainting feature is a dent on the integrity of the indicator. It is better it doesn’t repaint a signal, even if it results to a loss signal; with that, you would know how to deal with it and whatever filter you would need to add.

To know how truly it behaves, I think the best option is to load it in strategy tested and run in in slow mode… then you can actually study the way it will behave in real market situation. Purchasing based on screen shot can be deceptive
there are many scams in this business!

so many innocent people are trying to make some money from forex and are noobies, and are just perfect prey for scamming, unfortunately

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.