What's new

ECB eyes the adoption of digital euro

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

mlawson71

The European Central Bank recently approved a plan that could lead directly to the adoption of the digital Euro within a few years.

According to ECB’s own statement, it has apparently initiated an “investigation phase” which will continue through the next two years and the purpose of which is to resolve a number of technical issues regarding the design and the distribution of the future digital coin.

The ECB did clarify, however, that its current initiative “will not prejudge any future decision on the possible issuance of a digital euro, which will come only later. In any event, a digital euro would complement cash, not replace it”.
Source
The adoption of a digital Euro is inevitable, I think. It's just a matter of time.

The European Central Bank recently approved a plan that could lead directly to the adoption of the digital Euro within a few years.

According to ECB’s own statement, it has apparently initiated an “investigation phase” which will continue through the next two years and the purpose of which is to resolve a number of technical issues regarding the design and the distribution of the future digital coin.

The ECB did clarify, however, that its current initiative “will not prejudge any future decision on the possible issuance of a digital euro, which will come only later. In any event, a digital euro would complement cash, not replace it”.
Source
The adoption of a digital Euro is inevitable, I think. It's just a matter of time.

nice information, thanks mate!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.