What's new

Any MTF Indicators that Do Not Repaint?

Bernie

Hi! I am looking for MTF indicators that do not repaint their signals -- I don't mind how they are designed but as long as a signal is fired, I do not want to see it change (recalculate, repaint, backpaint...). Thanks.

MTF indicators are all going to naturally "repaint". There is no way around this because the higher timeframe candle closes AFTER the lower timeframe candle.
There are some indicators that have MTF interpolation to help mitigate this but the premise is the same.

You can however make certain indicators "MTF" just by doing a little bit of math.

For example let's say I wanted to put the H1 20 EMA on a M5 chart. There are 12 M5 candles in one H1 candle so I would take the value of the EMA on the H1 which is 20 and then multiply by 12 (the number of M5 candles in one H1 candle). This would give me a product of 240. So the 20 EMA on the H1 chart would be equivalent to the 240 EMA on the M5 chart.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.