What's new

Russia Intends to Ban All Cryptocurrencies

mlawson71

While other countries are embracing cryptocurrencies, Russia does not just plan to ban them, it plans to criminalize them! The new legislation defines cryptocurrencies as properties and bans their circulation and issuance on Russian territory.

Once the proposed legislation is signed into law it individuals and organizations will be prohibited with operate with any cryptocurrency, including processing payments for goods and services.

People who break the law will be fined between 50k rubles ($700 on average) to 500k rubles ($7 000). Organizations that do the same can be fined up to 2 million rubles or $28K. But that is not all – Russian authorities can imprison people up to 7 years depending on the size of the illegal operation and the damage they think it has caused the Russian financial system.
Source
Driving cryptocurrencies underground won't lead to anything good for anyone, I think.

Personally don't think it will eventually occur, they talk about it, but it takes some time from a propose to a real law so... take it easy ;):cool:

Personally don't think it will eventually occur, they talk about it, but it takes some time from a propose to a real law so... take it easy ;):cool:
I really hope you are right because this is very bad news for crypto traders in Russia.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.