What's new

The 1-Minute Scalping Strategy

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

M.N.Reddy

The basic idea behind scalping is opening a large number of trades that usually last either seconds or minutes. However, some scalping strategies developed by professional traders have grown significantly in popularity. For example, Paul Rotter placed buy and sell orders simultaneously, and then used specific events in the order book to make short-term trading decisions.

Rotter traded up to one million contracts a day ,and was able to develop a legendary reputation in certain circles, and has inspired Forex traders all around the world. While studying well-known strategies can be helpful, they should form the building blocks of your own unique setup. The 1 minute FX scalping strategy is a simple strategy for beginners that has gained popularity by enabling high trading frequency.

How does this strategy work? Here's a brief example:

Set your chart time frame to one minute. Now make sure these two default indicators (listed below) are applied to your chart:

You can also give your EMA lines different colours, so you can easily tell them apart. Now you have applied the indicators and your chart looks clear, let's review the signals required for opening short and long positions using this simple Forex scalping technique.

Long orders:

• Any time a 50 EMA indicator surpasses a 100 EMA indicator, be ready to open a long order.
  • If the price at which you plan to fill the order is close to the EMA indicators, and the Stochastic rises above the 20 level, open a long position.
Short orders:

• To determine when to make a short order, use the same strategy indicators in reverse.
  • The 50 EMA indicator should be below EMA 100, and the spot rate should be close to these lines.
  • The Stochastic should fall below the 80 level.
While you can use this Forex scalping strategy with any currency pair, it might be easier to use it with major currency pairs because they have the lowest available spreads. In addition, this approach might be most effective during high volatility trading sessions, which are usually New York closing and London opening times.

Forex Trading With Admiral Markets

If you're aiming to take your trading to the next level, the Admiral Markets live account is the perfect place for you to do that! Trade Forex & CFDs on 80+ currencies, choosing from a range of Forex majors, Forex minors, and exotic currency pairs, with access to the latest technical analysis and trading information. Trade the right way, open your live account now by clicking the banner below!

How many pips should I aim for?

Entering is no problem for me, the issue is closing and having consistent profits to surpass the losses

I usually operate on 2-minute charts, but now that I have tried this method, I will be using Scalp as my favorite way to operate in 1 minute. Thanks!

The basic idea behind scalping is opening a large number of trades that usually last either seconds or minutes. However, some scalping strategies developed by professional traders have grown significantly in popularity. For example, Paul Rotter placed buy and sell orders simultaneously, and then used specific events in the order book to make short-term trading decisions.

Rotter traded up to one million contracts a day ,and was able to develop a legendary reputation in certain circles, and has inspired Forex traders all around the world. While studying well-known strategies can be helpful, they should form the building blocks of your own unique setup. The 1 minute FX scalping strategy is a simple strategy for beginners that has gained popularity by enabling high trading frequency.

How does this strategy work? Here's a brief example:

Set your chart time frame to one minute. Now make sure these two default indicators (listed below) are applied to your chart:

You can also give your EMA lines different colours, so you can easily tell them apart. Now you have applied the indicators and your chart looks clear, let's review the signals required for opening short and long positions using this simple Forex scalping technique.

Long orders:

• Any time a 50 EMA indicator surpasses a 100 EMA indicator, be ready to open a long order.
  • If the price at which you plan to fill the order is close to the EMA indicators, and the Stochastic rises above the 20 level, open a long position.
Short orders:

• To determine when to make a short order, use the same strategy indicators in reverse.
  • The 50 EMA indicator should be below EMA 100, and the spot rate should be close to these lines.
  • The Stochastic should fall below the 80 level.
While you can use this Forex scalping strategy with any currency pair, it might be easier to use it with major currency pairs because they have the lowest available spreads. In addition, this approach might be most effective during high volatility trading sessions, which are usually New York closing and London opening times.

Forex Trading With Admiral Markets

If you're aiming to take your trading to the next level, the Admiral Markets live account is the perfect place for you to do that! Trade Forex & CFDs on 80+ currencies, choosing from a range of Forex majors, Forex minors, and exotic currency pairs, with access to the latest technical analysis and trading information. Trade the right way, open your live account now by clicking the banner below!

I would still add RSI (14), using the 50 line as the threshold for entry areas (Above 50: OK for buy entries. Below 50: OK for sell entries).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.