What's new

Williams%R, SAR X-over 15 minute candles

nicetpad2

I've traded full time since 2006. I retired to Mexico with my beautiful wife in 2012. I stopped full time trading a few months ago to concentrate on taking her all the places she wants to see and experience. I stopped contributing to the one trading thread I started, which is now virtually inactive. I'm starting this thread about using and optimizing a day trading system. I say optimize, because there is no suck thing as perfect in trading.

This system is simple and not a fast as my previous one which could get quite hectic at times. But I wanted something that is simple with a slower pace that makes money consistently.

Don't ask me about back testing, I don't do it. I trade a little demo to get the feel then move right to live when I feel comfortable. I trade mostly the NY open say starting 8am EST till 11am. I trade 3 says a week Tues-Thurs. I trade 1-5 lots depending on my mood. Look at the system tear it apart, like it, mock it,offer tweaks for it.

I've been trading it live for about a month now with good results. Not the holy grail, but no system is.

Template as follows:

15 minute candles

Williams %r With only 50 median line

SAR X-overs

Buy when you get a bullish arrow and Williams %R is above 50(Some times you will get arrows when price is consolidating wait for price to break resistance/support. )

Sell when you get a bearish arrow and Williams%R is below 50(same applies with consolidations)

I set stops a few pips above/below previous swing high/lows don't set specific TP's just keep moving stops as trades goes my way.

I've traded full time since 2006. I retired to Mexico with my beautiful wife in 2012. I stopped full time trading a few months ago to concentrate on taking her all the places she wants to see and experience. I stopped contributing to the one trading thread I started, which is now virtually inactive. I'm starting this thread about using and optimizing a day trading system. I say optimize, because there is no suck thing as perfect in trading.

This system is simple and not a fast as my previous one which could get quite hectic at times. But I wanted something that is simple with a slower pace that makes money consistently.

Don't ask me about back testing, I don't do it. I trade a little demo to get the feel then move right to live when I feel comfortable. I trade mostly the NY open say starting 8am EST till 11am. I trade 3 says a week Tues-Thurs. I trade 1-5 lots depending on my mood. Look at the system tear it apart, like it, mock it,offer tweaks for it.

I've been trading it live for about a month now with good results. Not the holy grail, but no system is.

Template as follows:

15 minute candles

Williams %r With only 50 median line

SAR X-overs

Buy when you get a bullish arrow and Williams %R is above 50(Some times you will get arrows when price is consolidating wait for price to break resistance/support. )

Sell when you get a bearish arrow and Williams%R is below 50(same applies with consolidations)

I set stops a few pips above/below previous swing high/lows don't set specific TP's just keep moving stops as trades goes my way.
Where is the file

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members Online

No members online now.