What's new

Using multiple EA on Same Account

Wilfredo

I started using multiple EA's on same account, same pair. It all started when I installed a relatively profitable trend following EA. The trend following EA also has a martingale strategy. However I noticed that one week , I will make money then the second week, there will be a minor reversal and I will go as high as 20% drawdown. Then the third week, I will recover from my unrealized loss and even close positions with a profit. Then the cycle starts again. The trend following EA, never trades against the trend. So I have been long for many months now.

So I decided to pull out another EA which specializes with trend reversals and range bound markets. This EA also uses a martingale strategy. After testing them on demo, I decided to put both of them on the EURUSD pair. So what happens is that when there is a minor reversal, the second EA also open up positions basically hedging my bets. The second EA makes a little money, minimizing the amount of unrealized losses the first EA is undergoing. The First EA which is trend following is set at H1 while the second EA, needs to act faster and was set at M15.

So far strategy has been fine. During the trend continuation, only the trend following EA has positions. When minor reversal occurs both of the EA's have open positions basically hedging the bet. The only thing I have not seen is how the two EAs will fare when a major reversal on EURUSD finally occurs!

Anyone else using this strategy or something similar?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.