What's new

Average True Range or ATR...PREFIX needs to be REQUEST....

madgar29

First of all you need a prefix called request in this forum. its about sharing EAs you have forum users that says which one do you want so lets add requests.

Average True Range. it is simple way of trading in a 24 hour period. you take the middle value has your base line your top profits has the ceiling bottom price has your stop. this indicator is useful for managing loss. you buy in and you swim the wave into the profit goes to low you cut where you can afford to cut or you keep swimming knowing it has to hit that ceiling again. very easy understanding method of trading and you can see patterns very easily in it.

I been using ODIN every method has been ATR. and it just doesn't do a true ATR method. you get barely any gains and then you lose more. i kept cutting my loss it kept going up. it was bizzare. so I do not support using ODIN EA from FRT especially using ATR it is not set up right to even use ATR ATR is usually used on a 24 hour chart not a 30min chart.

BUT ATR is a safe way to trade for money management. it is very simple tool to say this is my hard stop here. a lot of traders use ATR for the hard stop and profits. well I know the cieling is 60 pips but is it really gonna get there? what about half that? can i in reality get that 30? maybe... but I know I can definitely get that 25. this bot is suppose to calculate atr and this is how atr works since 1978. odin bad atr bot i am done with them. their auto calculating of profit to loss is horrible. I dont understand it. the only way possible that it is not the ea than it is the broker fixxing prices but i know its not because i am not a popular fish. do brokers pick on people yes. but we all know fish that play in the middle dont really get bothered so all in all odin to me was horrible. you would get 4 trades of 3 to 4 dollar profit then get smacked with -10 -11. its like and its good out of the box settings? why am i losing so much it should be okay 3 to 4 profit great those loses should have been -1 or -3 using atr method the way they set up their bot i cannot change this to work with the atr strategy. so im retiring the ea

I am looking for an ea that is great at ATR method

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members Online

No members online now.