What's new

How to closed a part of position

Ervel

Hi guys.
I'm looking for solution my problem with MT4.
In my strategy I close a half on position but I don't know how do it in MT4.
I found that I must modify position but when I try I can't edit volume. When I open opposite position I have two orders. For example I buy 1 lot and next sell 0,5 lot then I have two separate, active orders.

Do you have idea how can I solve it?

Hi guys.
I'm looking for solution my problem with MT4.
In my strategy I close a half on position but I don't know how do it in MT4.
I found that I must modify position but when I try I can't edit volume. When I open opposite position I have two orders. For example I buy 1 lot and next sell 0,5 lot then I have two separate, active orders.

Do you have idea how can I solve it?
Easier to do on your phone

you need to reduce the trading volume to the amount you want in the “Order” window. Click your order, choose modify/delete order. select market execution and set the amount that you want to be closed. Last click close botton.

MT4 offers lot of flexibility. You can close some of your position and you can also change the amount you chose to open a position. Here are the steps:

Here’s how I do it on the Axiory platform. First double clicks on the order. This will open all the options you chose for opening the position, like symbol, volume, stop loss, type of order, etc. From this section, go to volume. In that, you can change the lot size. If you had chosen 1 lot earlier, you can change this to half position, or 0.5. The other half, or 0.5, will remain in the trade. After doing this, dont forget to click on the close button. If you simply click the cross on the right top corner of the order window, you changes may not get into effect.

I use this option to manage risk. When market moves favorbly, I partially close an order. This way, I can book some gain and continue to trade with the other half of the position. If market continues to climb, then the second portion makes more money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.