What's new

Institutional candle - what is it?

RevBilli

Hey.
Could anyone explain me what do traders mean when they say it´s “institutional candle”. I can’t find the specific explanation to this term.

Thanks

Maybe you are reffering to the Banker Candles?
It's when before a movement there is short opposite move (to catch all the S/Ls).

An institutional candle is the one that forms just before there is a huge movement in the price. There are a lot of factors that are believed to contribute to the creation of this institutional candle. A trader should plan the trade keeping in mind this candle which may sometimes direct towards the opposite of the big move.

I think you are referring to a fake candle. Fake candles are quite common when you are following a pattern on a chart. Suppose you expect a breakout after a pattern, the price will go in a direction slightly breaking out from the pattern where most people will try to open their trades in that direction but soon after one candle trend moves to the opposite direction.

The institutional candle is the last opposing one or multiple close candles before a strong directional move. So, late buying or selling candles with one or more candlesticks run out of liquidity before heading in the intended direction are called institutional candles. It means institutions sell before buying and buy before selling. That’s why the institutional candle is also called ‘Bankers Candle.’ It is one of the most popular smart money forex trading concept.

smart money concepts forex
Basically, it is the manipulation phase or tricky area where big banks, institutions manipulate the market for liquidity. You can easily identify this institutional candlestick pattern in charts with your naked eye. You don’t need any institutional candle indicator to look for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.