What's new

MetaEditor to edit the code, whereas ex.4 files do not

Muthu@1206

MQ4 allows you to use MetaEditor to edit the code, whereas ex.4 files do not. So if you want to make semi-permanent changes to the colors or widths of the bars, e.g., you can go into MetaEditor and fiddle around to your heart's content. That way, they won't revert to their hard-coded (ex.4) styles every time you change time frames or re-load a template.

The code is the same in the MQ4 version and will repaint just like the other. It's just much easier having access to the programming in case you want to alter it. I would imagine, if it's based on ZigZag, that it repaints like crazy. But so does ZZ Semaphor, which can be useful in some strategies. It seems to me that all indicators, lagging or non-, repainting or not, don't tell us anything that our own 2 eyes can't see on their own. OTOH, I can't seem to make a decision without consulting at least 3 of 'em!

With your template, it would appear we'll all be millionaires by the end of the year! Which tells me it's too good to be true. But, I'll see how it acts come Monday. Who knows, maybe you've discovered the elusive

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.