What's new

Question about strategy making

TheRedTrouble

First things first, I've been struggling to learn forex trading for a while. I couldn't be able to create a strategy that works for me. I know programming and I can write expert advisor, also an indicator. The key point is the strategy and I couldn't be able to do that. Every time when I come up with a new idea, write that program and backtest it, whether it is live trading or strategy tester trading, I constantly lose money. I'm using Metatrader 4 and 5-15 minute charts by the way. I don't want to download an expert advisor and try my chance with it, I want to do it myself. What can I do in this situation? How do you guys do it? :unsure:

First things first, I've been struggling to learn forex trading for a while. I couldn't be able to create a strategy that works for me. I know programming and I can write expert advisor, also an indicator. The key point is the strategy and I couldn't be able to do that. Every time when I come up with a new idea, write that program and backtest it, whether it is live trading or strategy tester trading, I constantly lose money. I'm using Metatrader 4 and 5-15 minute charts by the way. I don't want to download an expert advisor and try my chance with it, I want to do it myself. What can I do in this situation? How do you guys do it? :unsure:
I run across the same issue. I think that if a position in a direction loses money, the same position in the opposite direction would earn money. But when I implement it, it still results in loss... It seems that the market knows where our stop-loss is and hunts it before going in the some direction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members Online

No members online now.