What's new

Risk management is key to survival.

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes
Risk management is key to survival as a forex trader as in life. You can be a very skilled trader and still be wiped out by poor risk management. Your number one job is not to make a profit, but rather to protect what you have. As your capital gets depleted, your ability to make a profit is lost. To counteract this threat and implement good risk management, place stop-loss orders and move them once you have a reasonable profit. Use lot sizes that are reasonable compared to your account capital. Most of all, if a trade no longer makes sense, get out of it.

Risk management is key to survival as a forex trader as in life. You can be a very skilled trader and still be wiped out by poor risk management. Your number one job is not to make a profit, but rather to protect what you have. As your capital gets depleted, your ability to make a profit is lost. To counteract this threat and implement good risk management, place stop-loss orders and move them once you have a reasonable profit. Use lot sizes that are reasonable compared to your account capital. Most of all, if a trade no longer makes sense, get out of it.
Great piece of advise for a starter trader....without risk management, the rest is pointless

nice ea and it worths trying out. i know someone that is using it but has been denying me access to it

Yes risk management is important (y)

Risk management but also sticking to a strategy rather than goinf crazy. If implement the strategy poorly, even risk management cant save you.

Risk management is vital in protecting your trading account and should be part of your trading plan.

Well, one always works with the principal theory one has.. .It takes time till its all sufficently fully shaped and ready for use.. .

Hello I am new in forex trading my question is how to identify where to put SL and accurate TP while trade in forex. :)

You can have the best strategy of all time, but without risk management you're going to fail in the long run.

In my opinion, you need to have a solid rock strategy that makes you profit in the first place. By using a little bit of technical analyzing the loss points involve risk management in order to keep things work smoother.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.