What's new

Stepping Stone EA

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes
Just run a back test on this EA.
I can confirm that the EA will open 10 counter trend positions and wait until the combined profit of the position is equal to the profit (tpinmoney) specified. In one case while backtesting the ea held those 10 positions open from 15 October 2015 to 06 Feb 2016 till the take profit was hit (almost 4 months). This to me is the dangerous aspect - if the price does not reverse, what happens? Does it just hang in there until the margin call?

Just happened again on the 5 year backtest - 10 buys opened on 14 Nov 2016 and closed out on 25 April 2017

See attached Stepping Stone EA file.
Yes - believe that the 5-year back test has provided some 'dangerous' results. In the almost 12 months that have been running on a live account, has provided great results.

The fast and rapid recent loss indicates it is a martingale EA and you could easily lose all your money one day out of nowhere as is the risk with all martingales.

Have you backtested?

Hi ALL,
Please note that Stepping Stone is a grid EA, i.e. the lot size is constant and incremental trades are opened at set levels.
In terms of back test, am aware of history and that the EA did eventually blow the account.

When I run Stepping Stone on a Demo account it works perfectly. But when I run it in a Live account. This happens...

Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 4.59.49 PM.png

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Strange. No Idea. Never had that issue. Maybe try re-loading the EA.

@ALL,
Given disaster from February '20 (lost a bundle and some), suggest that limit trades to 3 and work on 0.01 per USD500 (USD750 might even be safer).
Appears that this EA prefers a ranging market - not a hugely volatile market that occurred last month.

@ALL,
Given disaster from February '20 (lost a bundle and some), suggest that limit trades to 3 and work on 0.01 per USD500 (USD750 might even be safer).
Appears that this EA prefers a ranging market - not a hugely volatile market that occurred last month.
What setting do this use?

@ALL,

Thanks for replying StephenGray. The alerts went away after I enabled Live Trading - which is odd - as that's never happened to me before either - with this EA on demo or any other on demo or live... Will post back here if I get any insights. Let me know if anything comes to you.

Yes, EURUSD went nuts earlier this year. Haven't come across any EAs are built to handle that sort of moves. But your settings would be alot safer :)

Thanks so much for sharing!

Hi,
See attached for MT4.
However, please please be extremely ultra careful. Blew account in February '20. Lost a bundle - and some. Limit your trades to max of only 3. In terms of lot size, suggest 0.01 per USD500 - at best. Stepping Stone is great if the market ranges in a narrow back on 30 to 50 PIPS. For a trending market, it is hugely dangerous.

MT5 - eish! No. Maybe check on Facebook.

Attachments

• Stepping Stone EA.ex4
    28.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Stepping Stone EA - max 3x trades.set
    138 bytes · Views: 13

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks