What's new

Meta trader 4 vs Meta trader 5

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Azkilleur

MetaTrader - The most used trading platform in the world The MetaTrader or MT trading platform is a trading software offered by MetaQuotes Software Corp. There are several versions of this trading station: MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. Most forex brokers offer MetaTrader 4 and there are some brokers in line that offers MetaTrader 5 as well. Individual traders often wonder which broker to choose and especially which trading platform to choose: MT4 or MT5. In this article we will see the MT4 MT5 differences and which trader site offers these platforms. MetaTrader 4, better known as MT4, was developed by MetaQuotes Software Corp and made available to the public in 2005. In 2013 and 2014 the MT4 platform saw significant updates, particularly in terms of the deposit language deposit program users. MetaTrader 5 is for its part unveiled to the general public from 2010. The platform brings improvements to its predecessor, among which the change of the programming language, moving from MQL4 from MT4 to MQL5. This change in coding language enables faster execution of calculations and order execution for trading robots.

If there was compatibility between the two platforms I would say ΜΤ5. Unfortunately, they didn't make this. However, with the material that exists for ΜΤ4, there is no chance to use mt5. MT4 is the best for me!

MetaTrader - The most used trading platform in the world The MetaTrader or MT trading platform is a trading software offered by MetaQuotes Software Corp. There are several versions of this trading station: MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. Most forex brokers offer MetaTrader 4 and there are some brokers in line that offers MetaTrader 5 as well. Individual traders often wonder which broker to choose and especially which trading platform to choose: MT4 or MT5. In this article we will see the MT4 MT5 differences and which trader site offers these platforms. MetaTrader 4, better known as MT4, was developed by MetaQuotes Software Corp and made available to the public in 2005. In 2013 and 2014 the MT4 platform saw significant updates, particularly in terms of the deposit language deposit program users. MetaTrader 5 is for its part unveiled to the general public from 2010. The platform brings improvements to its predecessor, among which the change of the programming language, moving from MQL4 from MT4 to MQL5. This change in coding language enables faster execution of calculations and order execution for trading robots.
I trade on MT5

Personally, mt4 has a ton of great indicator that aren't yet available or developed for mt5, however I am currently using mt5 for trading vix, step and jump from deriv.

MT5 is faster and more efficient than MT4, but it does not replace the previous platform because it is unique and provides more than MT4.

MT5 allows you to trade more instruments in nearly all financial markets, including forex, stocks, indices, commodities, and even cryptocurrencies.

i guess most are attach to meta trader 4 sentimentally.

MT5 may need more time to become main stream. For now I believe most brokers only has mt4 and those with mt5 (at least to my experience) has connection issues, insufficient servers and so on.

Although MT5 is quicker and more effective than MT4, it doesn't replace the earlier platform because it is unique and simply provides more than MT4 does.

In practically all financial markets, including forex, equities, indices, commodities, and even cryptocurrencies, MT5 offers the ability to trade more instruments.

Not a trader here but looking to dive into trading forex, would it matter if i used MT4/MT5 for trading forex?

Currently have only invested through the means of a 3rd party so would like to try this for myself

MT5 is quicker and more efficient than MT4, but it does not replace the prior platform because it is unique and provides more than MT4. MT5 allows you to trade more instruments in nearly all financial markets, such as FX, equities, indices, commodities, and even cryptocurrencies.

If you are convinced that you will just be trading forex and CFDs and want to make things as simple as possible, MT4 is the preferable option. It is a simpler platform that is easy to grasp. Whether you trade equities or many asset classes, MT5 is unquestionably the platform for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.