What's new

Purpose of VPS? Please help

yycfx

Hey traders, I'm trying to understand how VPS works in forex trading especially with EAs.

Is there somebody that can post a screenshot of their accounts (whether demo or live) with EA.. one with VPS, one without?

Someone that can share "before and after" results using a VPS?

How does it increases the performance of EA in terms of executing trades?

Is VPS still valuable even without EA? Like just your account and VPS involved, no EAs. How?

I've watched a couple of youtube vids but I really wanna see an account to see the difference between with VPS and without VPS.

What other benefits a VPS can give you?

Also please post what VPS you are using and your experiences with them

VPS is very useful since I'd mean you no longer need to have your local computer being switched on and connected to Internet 24hrs a day for uninterrupted trading. VPS would allow you access to every trading opportunity as set by your EA. Don't think it'd necessary improve results so as to say. Of course depending on the Internet speed it'll either improve or worsen your slippage rate. If you plan on having a 'set and forget' EA then a VPS would be perfect for you

Benefits/Purpose of VPS
What are the benefits of a virtual private server (VPS)? Consider it a remote computer. You can do anything on a VPS that you can do on a computer. This implies you won't be confined to web hosting, despite the fact that most virtual servers are used to host live websites.

Running A High Traffic Website
This is the most prevalent and well-known application. You'll notice that your website feels more responsive because virtual private servers give more resources for your websites, such as CPU, RAM, and other resources than shared hosting. Furthermore, because you have complete control over the virtual server, you can install and delete software as you see fit rather than being limited to what the host provides.

Hosting A Server
You might also utilize a VPS for hosting files and other media if you're looking for something more professional. Basically, a VPS can run anything that can run on a server.

Hosting A Gaming Server
Have you ever considered hosting a game server for your favorite multiplayer games? That's something you can do as well.

Testing New Environments
Virtual servers can be used as testing grounds for server setups that aren't ready to go live because dedicated hosting is pricey.

Seeding Torrents
A virtual server, often known as a seedbox, can be used solely for torrenting. If you torrent frequently, moving your files to a distant VPS not only frees up a lot of bandwidth at home but also allows you to torrent 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Private Backups
Although cloud-based storage is less expensive, if you're currently using a VPS for another reason and have extra space, you can utilize it as free file storage for papers and other files.

VPS in trading is used for many purposes. I personally have two VPS instances running for trading.

One is for simply remotely accessing MetaTrader from anywhere, with all the same charts and configuration available. The other one is running an EA which is useful because you never want to run an EA on your local computer and keep it switched on 24/7. A VPS will run 24/7 (at-least from a good provider) and will ensure you open and close trades on time without worrying about potential power or network loss on your local computer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.