What's new

Should I trade or wait for a good setup?

Tshego

Trade or Wait
Having identified an uptrend, you need to decide whether to buy immediately or
wait for a dip. If you buy fast, you’ll get in gear with the trend, but on the minus side,
your stops are likely to be farther away, increasing your risk.
If you wait for a dip, your risk will be smaller, but you’ll have four groups of
competitors: longs who want to add to their positions, shorts who want to get out
even, traders who never bought (such as yourself), and traders who sold too early
but are eager to buy again. The waiting areas for pullbacks are notoriously crowded!
Furthermore, a deep pullback may signal the beginning of a reversal rather than a
buying opportunity. The same reasoning applies to shorting in downtrends.
If the market is in a trading range and you’re waiting for a breakout, you’ll have
to decide whether to buy in anticipation of a breakout, during a breakout, or on a
pullback after a valid breakout. If you aren’t sure, consider entering in several steps:
buy a third of the planned position in anticipation, a third on a breakout, and a third
on a pullback.
Whatever method you use, remember to apply the key risk management rule:
the distance from your entry to the protective stop, multiplied by position size can
never be more than 2 percent of your account equity (see Chapter 50). No matter
how attractive a trade, pass it up if it would require putting more than 2% of your
account at risk.
Finding good entry points is extremely important in trading ranges. You have to
be very precise and nimble because the profit potential is limited. A trend is more
forgiving of a sloppy entry, as long as you trade in the right direction. Old traders
chuckle: “Don’t confuse brains with a bull market.”
Specific risk management tactics are different for trends and trading ranges. When
trend trading, it pays to put on smaller positions with wider stops. You’ll be less
likely to get shaken out by any counter-trend moves, while still controlling risk. You
may put on bigger positions in trading ranges but with tighter stops.

In trading, patience is key. If you are not patient enough, then get robots to enter the trades for you when the market presents itself. Don't just jump into the market carelessly

In the forex trade market, the thing which can make you a large number of losses is to work with no patient. The patient is one of the major things which can make you a professional trader. Without the patient, you can’t earn money. I trade with Eurotrader with patiently. I am earning money from it. This is one of the best brokers I have ever seen. No commission, no hidden charges while withdrawing money. I would suggest to anyone this broker.

do whatever your system says. do not deviate from that. if you do, you will get scared and develop bad habits. if the system does not produce the results you want over a longer operiod of time, change it

there will always be many set ups each day on different pairs.dont stick to 1-3 pairs.spread is a little more on some crosses though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.