What's new

General A Mindset All Apsiring Traders Should Have

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Nitesticks

We all know there are countless trading strategies, systems each with many different set of rules for their application but none promise a 100% win percentage.
By default this means you will have losing trades, and here is where majority of beginner and some experienced traders stumble.

I encourage you to approach each trade with a question of probability rather than win or lose, and accept the fact that you will lose some trades.

The market isn't obligated to follow your preconcieved notions of its behaviour on a particular trading day, it will do what it does and your role is to simply use the tools available to you and understand the probability that it will do a particular thing and act accordingly. Your biggest obstacle will be managing your emotions. Fear is the biggest one but greed is a close second and there are some others can play a role too, but master these two and you are well on your way.

You do this buy trusting in a profitable trading system. And how do you know it is profitable FOR YOU?

Through your experience and time using a strategy. You will inevitably optimize overtime and by virtue increase your profitability rate, you will as a result learn to TRUST your system and hopefully get rid of this idea that all trades must be a winner.

So don't trade thinking "I should go long here because thats the winning trade" instead you should think "I should go long because my strategy shows it's the higher probability trade" and if the market ends up going short, you already knew that your strategy wasn't 100% and it doesn't matter because OVERALL your system has you net positive on profits in the long run.

I wish you all success in your trading careers!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.