What's new

How long should I trade with a demo account as a beginner

selebobo

Hello

I am new in Forex and i am still practicing different strategy on my demo account,i just want to know for minimum how long should i take to trade with demo account then to start using live account.

Hello

I am new in Forex and i am still practicing different strategy on my demo account,i just want to know for minimum how long should i take to trade with demo account then to start using live account.
I think that you should trade on your demo account until you are positive about your trading skills and the strategy you have chosen

As a beginner, the duration of trading with a demo account varies for each individual, but it's generally recommended to use it until you feel consistently comfortable and profitable. A common guideline suggests spending at least a few months, allowing time to understand market dynamics, test strategies, and hone risk management skills. However, it's crucial to transition to live trading once a basic understanding is achieved, as real market conditions can present unique challenges. Balancing the use of a demo account with live trading experience helps bridge the gap between theory and practical application, fostering a well-rounded skill set for sustainable success in the financial markets.

There's no defined timeframe. Although I would recommend you to spend atleast 5 months in the demo account. This will give you enough time to play around with various strategies and see what works best for you. Also, it will help you have a good understanding of how the market works. Once you're confident and once you start seeing consistent profits, you can switch over to live.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.