What's new

Stepping Stone EA

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes
Interesting.
Do you have a 'smiley' face on the chart reflecting that the EA is active?
Yes the icon is smiling.. and its already trading by the way... It took a long time.. i notice something,the positions has no Stop Loss and take profit.. does the EA dont put SL and TP?

Hi,
Not in front of my trading laptop at present but SL and TP are set by the EA parameters. Can confirm later, including a screen grab of the EA parameters.

Backtested this. The performance is stable & the setting is very simple. The performance best for M15, always profit. for H1, always loss. I BT for days, weeks & months periods. All profit. Not huge but consistant. The DD is less than 10%. I'll do FT in demo for couple of days. But my concern is, it has no SL and no news filter. It will be very dangerous if there is spike.

I found the dark side of this EA. It uses averaging without marti. It uses MACD to for Open Position. When MACD stepping up it sells. It will generate profit when price back to the position. But when price go further up. It will blow your account. I BT this for April - May. EC, EU, EJ, UJ. All works well. But it failed for thi pairs EG & EA.

Stephen,
Thanks for the info.
I'm currently running on demo for EU, EJ & UJ.
Please share your experience. What is the most profitable pairs for this EA?

Hi, Have only run EURUSD on demo and now live accounts. Have not used on any other currency pair, commodity or indices. Might be worth the time and effort to test on other currency pairs. If can fund a really large account, would then consider commodities and indices.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks