What's new

Is Forex a good investment?

dehnavi

As per my experience it depens upon how you invest your money, and what you invest in, are personal choices based on a number of factors: your risk tolerance, time horizon, investment skills, interests, and goals.

By end of this answer i have also shared my experience with forex trading.

Transaction costs in the forex market are usually built into spreads, or the difference between the bid and ask price of a currency. Most brokers are compensated through this spread and many do not charge commissions.

No matter if you invest in forex or stocks, there will be risk involved. One of the biggest risks in the forex market is the use of leverage. While leverage can bring in significant returns, fluctuating market conditions can result in losses far more than your original investment.

Because forex trading involves the currencies of other countries, you also face the risk of changing interest and exchange rates, as well as economic and political shifts in other nations. You could wake up one morning to find a foreign currency has dropped in value significantly overnight because of an unforeseen political issue, so it’s important to know your potential upside and downside. Having an understanding of the economies of the countries whose currencies you’re trading may be beneficial to lessen these risks.

Stocks are often the go-to investment. But when you explore new markets and investment vehicles, like foreign currencies, you may find new investing opportunities you never knew existed. While trading in the forex market takes time and skill — and the understanding that it involves significant risk of loss and might not be suitable for everyone — it also opens up new avenues to expand your investment portfolio and meet your financial goals.

Once you feel confident and comfortable trading currencies, you can explore the many benefits of trading in the forex market. Not only is it the largest financial market in the world, it’s also the most liquid. Its high liquidity is because buyers and sellers are constantly trading, making it easier to make trades and turn assets into cash with generally low transaction costs.

All those who are asking me I want to tell them earlier i have traded over forex booked loss good amount as always. Then it’s been 2 years & i don’t do trading for forex.

aveldtr

Forex is speculative by nature. It's what provides liquidity to hedge quotations to import/export companies around the world, so it's not suited for a very long-term position.
Consider taking advantage of currency pairs fluctuations on a short term with a fraction of your capital, use another fraction of your capital on stocks for medium term, and let it grow steadily and with lower risks on more conservative long term positions, like bonds and funds.

cheers:)

mattnice

Forex is speculative by nature. It's what provides liquidity to hedge quotations to import/export companies around the world, so it's not suited for a very long-term position.
Consider taking advantage of currency pairs fluctuations on a short term with a fraction of your capital, use another fraction of your capital on stocks for medium term, and let it grow steadily and with lower risks on more conservative long term positions, like bonds and funds.

cheers:)
forex is the only thing todo, why wokr a 9-5 when you can be tradign on a n islande

taolaoxitbop

What I see is that the broker always charge a few dollar for one trade, accumulation of 100 trades are a big amount of money. Forex is low volatality compare to stock (Am I right?), even thought the volume is much bigger, but I reckon the favor to Stock and commodity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L What is a good forex investment course? Forex Education 2
E Forex can be potential investment General Discussions 6
B Guys let's have a discussion who introduced you into forex Trading Systems and Strategies 1
M Strategy The learned strategies of forex trading that one can take into account Trading Systems and Strategies 0
J Forex Armor EA - I am looking for this EA Forex Expert Advisors and Automated Trading 0
V What is the h biggest lesson you have learned in forex and what has it taught you? Forex Education 1
V Forex trading can cause some form of dementia , does anyone have any first hand experience? General Discussions 0
V Forex VZLOMSHIK I would like to know what has been your experience using this EA as well as the Tim frame used onhttps://www.forexforum.co/attachments Trading Systems and Strategies 0
Aleemtalk Forex Sandwich BAr Indicator Trading Systems and Strategies 0
Aleemtalk Forex Divergence Indicator Trading Systems and Strategies 0
Aleemtalk Forex Inside Bar Indicator Trading Systems and Strategies 0
M Best forex trading robots Forex Expert Advisors and Automated Trading 0
T Talking robot by classic forex trader Trading Systems and Strategies 0
M Suggestion My story on forex how to great su Interactive Forex Trading 0
F What type of forex trader are you? Forex Education 3
I Naked Forex - Trading without Indicators PDF Forex Education 0
I Forex Millionaire Indicator Forex Indicators and Tools 0
M Forex Explanation: The Importance of a Broker in Online Trading Forex Education 2
M What is the Forex Market? When it comes to the economy Forex Education 0
A best website for forex traders Forex Indicators and Tools 0
M Tutorial forex stategies for newbies Trading Systems and Strategies 0
F INFORMATIVE FOREX NEWS - INTERNATIONAL Forex Education 0
D fx systemssystems and rules to help in the forex market send inbox for help Trading Systems and Strategies 0
F Forex is not a get rich quick scheme Trading Systems and Strategies 0
M General Who trades in the forex market? Forex Education 0
M Forex Explanation - What are Forex CFDs? Forex Education 1
M General What are the most popular Forex Pairs? Forex Education 1
M General What is Forex? come here to know? Forex Education 0
F FOREX BES EAs , auto trading Forex Expert Advisors and Automated Trading 1
M someone has a good forex beginner strategy Trading Systems and Strategies 0
M 2 indicator five min EA432 FOREX ROBOT DOUBLE PROFIT v3.0 Binary Options Brokers Discussions 0
S what is the best forex broker to join Forex Signals and Pamm 2
S is binary options better than forex or not ? Binary Options and Futures 3
N General How much capital to start trading forex? General Discussions 0
O My Journey as a Forex Trader, from zero to hero lol Trading Systems and Strategies 1
kiramatkhan I am Forex Indicators and MT4 & MT5 Robot Developer Trading Systems and Strategies 0
M Any scalping forex strategies ? Trading Systems and Strategies 2
knightramza Suggestion Accurate Forex Signals Provider Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies 0
H this is good indicator for binary option and forex Interactive Forex Trading 0
Umar123 Forex scalping and strategies Trading Systems and Strategies 1
M Forex strategies and lessons on the forex markets Trading Systems and Strategies 0
C Online Forex Trading General Discussions 3
R Scam broker are disgrace of Forex market Forex Education 1
C Traders do mistakes in forex market General Discussions 0
C Wait for your success in Forex! General Discussions 0
C Scalping in forex market Forex Education 0
C What is common mistake forex traders make? General Discussions 0
C Leverage in forex market General Discussions 2
Mashangoane How much money can you make with forex trading? General Discussions 0
Mashangoane The Best Minimum Deposit to Start Forex Trading In General General Discussions 0