What's new

Should I purchase an i7 9700K at this point in time?

eexxx

This depends a lot on task.

If you already have a board that supports it, it’s not a bad idea. It’s a good gaming CPU ( occasionally beating out the 9900K), and offer’s good performance.

That being said, there are two elephants in the room to consider. If you already have a high end i7 7### or i7 8### it may not be a good idea, since your existing CPU will already be quite powerful.

The other elephant in the room is Ryzen. Specifically the 3700X, since it’s the same price.If your using a computer outside of gaming, and need to replace a motherboard anyways, it’s probably the better overall option to get the 3700X. It’s roughly comparable in gaming to the 9700K, but run’s most creative and production related tasks ( 3D modeling, video editing, etc) like an i9 9900K. It also has a decent CPU cooler in the box, further improving it’s value proposition.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members Online

No members online now.