What's new

Simple Strategy for newbies

karno123

I have heard many newbies ask if they can make good profit with $500 or less. You can even do it with $100 capital but it will require a lot of patience and more discipline than with a larger account especially if you are not willing to set a long term goal and stick to a plan.Personally I have tried using small amounts of capital and have been quite successful but also have failed in certain aspects. You see due to the limited amount of equity you will need to keep your open trades to a maximum of two, otherwise you will end up kicking yourself when you get in on a certain setup..One thing that can also help you succeed with a low capital is HIGH LEVERAGE. If you’ve got $500 or less in your account, you can use a leverage of 1:500 to increase your pip value. But you must be very careful when using high leverage. You can do this by developing a good working strategy that you can trust.For example a few months back USDJPY was in a very fast moving mode-I am sure it is now-Ok so here is what I did and still do. I set my leverage to 1:500 and I watch this pair for at least 30mins each day. Starting from 10pm GMT in most cases, this pair will define its direction (you can only know its direction if you carefully monitor it at least 30mins for 10pm GMT). Once it has defined its direction (it could be an upward trend or downward trend), I place my trade. Since, I am sure that it will move at least 10pips away from my entry point, I usually buy 1 lot size (which makes my pip value $10). However, I make sure I close my trade after each 5 or 10 pip movements, no need to be greedy. With this strategy, I make at least $30 each day. One day I mad $350 in 5mins. – You can call this scalping. One reason why this strategy works for me is becausForex4you allows scalping and offers this 1:500 leverage plus tight spreads. I also take this risk because I can count on their execution speed to pull me out and get me in whenever I want. I am also increasing the $600 Bonus I got from my other broker Tallinex and I withdrew profits.Now, who says you can’t succeed with a starting capital of $500 or less. YOU CAN! With the right strategy, focus and discipline, YOU CAN!Here is a quote from a trader here“Sometimes, I even trade the news! I wait for lvl 2 or lvl 3 news events and I trade the 5 minute gap after the release with either the way it moves drastically in favor of positive news or with a fade of that move based on news that was released in the previous 3 days from the currency that is being traded againstFor example;GBP/USDUS releases ADP number as positive, sell GBP/USD unless GBP released positive news within the same or past days otherwise I will wait 5-15 min until the good news rally stalls and I buy the GBP.In any case it works for me as long as you have profit goals I usually take $5-$10 per trade as I am willing to build my account for many years to come! (Patience is the most important part of trading IMO)”This trader also started with less than $500. You can Learn to grow a low capit

I completely agree with you. It’s v. imp to have patience and be disciplined. If you can master your emotions, you can master these 2 things and when you do, you can make money even by investing small amounts. You have decribed excellent strategy for newbies. I want to add 2 thoughts to your post.

1. I looked for broker which offers me bonus. Like I joined Axiory and made deposit to my account and imediately they added the same amount as bonus. So my deposit instantly doubled. That means now I can trade stocks with double the funds. This is specially good for newbies.

2. When I use leverage even for small amount and even for short time, I always make sure to use stop loss. I know leverage can make your earnings v.v. large…it is exciting to see the pair go up a little and your profits going up 200x or 400x. but you’re advising newbies to use high leverage and it can be dangerous because if the price fall you lose a LOT too. so always place stop loss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.