What's new

VPS vs Dedicated Trading PC at home?

Hi Everyone!

I am new to trading with EA's and have a Micro VPS through Amazon AWS running 1 MT4 terminal and it can barely keep up! The ping is around 200ms to the server in NY (I'm in Australia) and I get about the same ping at home.

So I was wondering, does a delay really make that much of a difference with a trading robot? If not, I will just build a dedicated trading pc that will run off my NBN at home :)

Any thoughts or recommendations would be amazing!

Ps, looking to run 4 terminals max and hopefully a MT5 terminal if I can find a decent robot to test on it :)

Hi Everyone!

I am new to trading with EA's and have a Micro VPS through Amazon AWS running 1 MT4 terminal and it can barely keep up! The ping is around 200ms to the server in NY (I'm in Australia) and I get about the same ping at home.

So I was wondering, does a delay really make that much of a difference with a trading robot? If not, I will just build a dedicated trading pc that will run off my NBN at home :)

Any thoughts or recommendations would be amazing!

Ps, looking to run 4 terminals max and hopefully a MT5 terminal if I can find a decent robot to test on it :)
I have a gaminf laptop and it has felt some pain being on 24/5 and the performance has defo dropped

I have a gaminf laptop and it has felt some pain being on 24/5 and the performance has defo dropped
Hi TradedrFoes, Thanks for the input, I now have a laptop that will just be used as a trading machine on 24/5 but I also have a VPS that I will start running 1 bot on through AWS

JRoda

Hi, i've also bad experience with VPS within privateWAN respectively DesktopPC/Laptop because you have higher latency and are not online 24/7. I personally think every low 10MBit/s dedicated line is better than „PC at home“ (y)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks