What's new

VPS vs Dedicated Trading PC at home?

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OPTIMIZFX

Hi Everyone!

I am new to trading with EA's and have a Micro VPS through Amazon AWS running 1 MT4 terminal and it can barely keep up! The ping is around 200ms to the server in NY (I'm in Australia) and I get about the same ping at home.

So I was wondering, does a delay really make that much of a difference with a trading robot? If not, I will just build a dedicated trading pc that will run off my NBN at home :)

Any thoughts or recommendations would be amazing!

Ps, looking to run 4 terminals max and hopefully a MT5 terminal if I can find a decent robot to test on it :)

Hi Everyone!

I am new to trading with EA's and have a Micro VPS through Amazon AWS running 1 MT4 terminal and it can barely keep up! The ping is around 200ms to the server in NY (I'm in Australia) and I get about the same ping at home.

So I was wondering, does a delay really make that much of a difference with a trading robot? If not, I will just build a dedicated trading pc that will run off my NBN at home :)

Ps, looking to run 4 terminals max and hopefully a MT5 terminal if I can find a decent robot to test on it :)

I have a gaminf laptop and it has felt some pain being on 24/5 and the performance has defo dropped

I have a gaminf laptop and it has felt some pain being on 24/5 and the performance has defo dropped
Hi TradedrFoes, Thanks for the input, I now have a laptop that will just be used as a trading machine on 24/5 but I also have a VPS that I will start running 1 bot on through AWS

Hi, i've also bad experience with VPS within privateWAN respectively DesktopPC/Laptop because you have higher latency and are not online 24/7. I personally think every low 10MBit/s dedicated line is better than „PC at home“ (y)

Hi Everyone!

can you make video for how to create VPS through Amazon AWS:):):):):)

Hi TradedrFoes, Thanks for the input, I now have a laptop that will just be used as a trading machine on 24/5 but I also have a VPS that I will start running 1 bot on through AWS, for EA but I don't knoiw what is DD

just search for vps that's located @ your trading server located. Mine is a europe trading server so I look for a europe based vps. Same thing with US trading server. I know some even have premium service that have direct connection to trading server (for big name trading companies). But still VPS all the way. much less headache.

i run my own on a second hand dual zeon server. setup was a bit touch and go, if you are not a techie, but will have more control of resounces in teh long run

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.