What's new

Why is the gold price falling in this recession?

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

festo4

We are in a recession probably...
With very high CPI figures all over the world
But i have to ask why gold price is falling
Investors should be flocking here because the stock market is tumbling down and the best hedge against such loss of wealth is supposed to be gold
So can someone please explain the fall of golds price recently

Due to the war still raging on between Russia and Ukraine, gold prices declined, falling back to their lowest finish in more than two years, as investors waited for the Fed to raise interest rates and deliver updated economic projections on Wednesday.

The US dollar getting stronger and stronger is one reason, another can that some holders of gold are selling to meet margin calls due to falling indices/equities positions...

As far as I am aware, the gold price rose 2.1% to settle at $1,670 per ounce on Comex after trading as low as $1,622.20.

To capture the market trend, you should analyze the market technically. Besides so, you can’t trade for long term without relying on fundamental analysis. Having no sufficient knowledge over fundamental analysis is one of the reasons traders fail to predict the market. Eurotrader is an ideal broker for technical analyzers because they broker provides traders with more than 200 technical tools.

One reason is that the US dollar is getting stronger, and another is that some gold investors are selling their holdings to pay margin calls because equity and index positions are decreasing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.